How do you know you have loose skin?

Options
Like the title says, how do you know its loose skin or still just fat?

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Loose skin flaps. Fat jiggles. lol
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    best reply i think i've read on here!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Well, you wanted to know....
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Think about the skin fold test they do with callipers to measure body fat. In a very low tech way of figuring it out, f you get hold of the problem area between your thumb and finger, whatever you pinch (thickness) BETWEEN your thumb and finger is fat - the rest is skin.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    For me I could tell the difference on my stomach/chest when I leaned over or had my upper body parallel to the floor. When it was fat, it just sorta stayed there as one mass. Now the section of skin hangs off my body as if trying to pull away. But when I'm standing, it just looks like a fat pooch around my belly that's a little extra jiggly.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Oh you can tell :) loose skin is a little wrinkled and looks totally different lol
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the little puckered wrinkles around the skin when it hangs is also a telling sign. *sigh* (yes, I hate this particular "side effect" to the weight loss, can you tell? lol)
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. My daughter recently said "your face is drooping"--and my sister suggested that my neck needs massaging! And I've spent way too much money on wrinkle creams! And they aren't doing anything.

My favorite is the way I can lay on my back, raise my legs toward the ceiling and watch the skin drift towards me.

YUCK
  • Bardot86
    Options
    Is there anyway to prevent thisd happening when you lose weight? Last thing i want is flappy skin!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    It's either going to happen or not....mine isn't too bad & I'd rather have that instead of 160 pounds of fat. Loose skin is easier to hide :wink:
  • debbie472
    debbie472 Posts: 2
    Options
    when u found out out what lose skin and what fat let me know i dont know on me it hard to tell