Hello all

Options
Hello and thank you all in advance for your help and support!

I'm sure there are going to be lots of times when i read a post/thread and you will give me motivation to succeed, if i'm rude enough to forget to say thank you please remember this post. I thank you :)

I've been fat for most of my adult life (thats over 24 years) and a few months ago took the drastic decision to have a gastric bypass to help me achieve my goal of normality. Unfortunately for me it hasn't 'dropped' off effortlessly for me like it has others and i'm now doing something i promised myself in June this year i'd never do again. I'm counting calories and worrying about exercise regimes....

I hope i don't bore you all too much and i hope to learn from all your experiences.

Good luck fellow slimmers xx

Replies

• sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome!! First of all I just want to say I LOVE your screen name!! That is awesome!! Secondly I want to say that counting calories and working out does not need to be daunting! It can be fun and MFP definatley helps with that. You have come to the right place. Feel free to add me, it is nice to have some one to be accountable to on here.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Bore them, and don't worry about it. I have been boring my family and friends since about last September, it seems I only talk about what I have eaten or not eaten and what exercise I managed. I don't care if I bore them, I am slowly but surely seeing results. I didn't think I would count calories either but have now learnt, that is what works along with the exercise. I do try to find interesting ways of exercising. Luckily I am happy to do things or go to things on my own. I have tried jazz ballet classes (like) zumba (dislike) aquaerobics (like) did a free city tourist walk (like) I use my exercise bike with laptop balanced on handle bars and do my emails as well, (like to make most of time), my latest is doing the Jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD. I enjoy trying this even though it is very hard, I only do level 1 and I have modified it to what I can do. Give me a break I am 50, 106 kilos , and I don't care what Jillian says Jumping Jacks hurt with all those kilo's bouncing about. I am happy to be Bored by what you do as I have learnt so much on this site by others experiences.