Exercise...

Options
Just wondering if someone can answer this:

I've completed my profile and it says to have 1200 cals a day to lose the 2lb a week i'd like to lose. I know that when i have exercised it will say i've burnt off 'X' amount of calories, do i or should i eat those calories if i am hungry? Or is that part of the weight loss progress? I only ask as many years ago when at weight watchers when you exercised you earned extra points which you could eat/drink on whatever...

All help is thanked for in advance xx

Replies

• cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you search this topic "exercise calories" you'll find a zillion threads---very popular question on MFP! The answer is yes, eat your exercise calories. It sounds counter-intuitive but if you don't your body will go into starvation mode and cling on to fat. Good luck!
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Since you're already set to lose two pounds a week, the recommended amount of weight-loss, it would be best to eat your exercise calories. If you don't eat those calories, then your weight-loss would exceed two pounds per week. Unless you have a doctor's note, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to exceed two pounds per week.