Not drinking in January - alternatives

Options
As part of the kickoff to my fitness/diet program I've stopped drinking any alchol for the month of January. I figured it was a resolution I could keep! Who knows I might continue into February!

Anyways...here are my great cocktail alternatives:
1. 1/4 cup grapefruit juice and sprite zero - 24 calories.
2. club soda - splash of cranberry (literally a splash) and lime.

Awesome alternatives and help me to feel like I'm not missing out.

Replies

• JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Thanks for posting those!

I just gave up wine & beer and I'm hurting! :explode:

lol
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I did the same as you to kick off my fitness / diet program: gave up alcohol. However, mine was for the initial two weeks. My initial two weeks ended yesterday, and I'm not sure I'm ready to include alcohol again because of the calories. Thanks for the suggested alternative. I don't have anything that appealing. :smile:

I used to like to sip on wine as I cooked dinner. I now sip a low-sodium V8, if anything, as I cook. Instead of a late-evening cocktail, as I occasionally had, my new evening tradition is either lemon-ginger herb tea, or a tall glass of ice water with a slice of lemon *and* a slice of lime. (I know; how decadent!)

Good luck to you on your journey!

Coni
  • Kamille84
    Options
    Those both sound delicious! I'll have to try them...with Vodka of course. ;)
  • o_brown1
    o_brown1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can say that myself, I have not have ANYTHING ALL YEARS LONG :cry: But I might I treat myself soon :explode: , I go down 10lbs in March
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I thought you were going to say "gave up alcohol, now I smoke pot" :laugh:

No calories!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I thought you were going to say "gave up alcohol, now I smoke pot" :laugh:

No calories!

I think you're on to something!
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ummm it's the calories AFTER you smoke pot you should worry about...... like eating a family size bag of Doritos lol
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    First lock up the junk food! Then smoke and eat all the carrots you want! My Doctor told me so (that you can eat all the carrots you want, not to smoke pot :laugh: )
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I feel like I might be a bad influence on this thread :bigsmile:
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    too tough to give up my wine...prefer to give up some of the food instead...good for you being able to give it up though :-)