Question on myfitnesspal iPhone app/website?

Options
this week is the start of week 3, i weighted myself on the scale says 205.5lbs. i have started this week off at 1hr workouts burning 1000 calories. question i have according to my app it says i have to eat 1410 calories a day. then when i come home and exercise i put in the amount of calories burned. so for today for example i am down to -30(red) calories, after doing my 1hr workout i will be at 970(green) calories. do i need to eat all them and get back to zero on the day. cause that is what i have been doing eating my 1410 per day, after exercising it adds the burnt calories back in then i have to eat that amount. just wanted to make sure i am doing it correctly. the goal is stay out of the red or negative numbers.

i just got done doing my 1000 calories ellipitcal workout and then i entered that into my myfitnesspal app and its saying that i have 960 calories left... do i have to eat all them or what? just want to understand how that is supposed to work.. cause i have been eating the daily 1410, then burning an amount then eating it all back trying to even out to zero by the end of the day.

thanks

Replies

• pgp_protector
    Options
    Yes (Links will show up soon) You're supposed to eat your exercise cal. back.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    Yes, you would need to eat these green calories to keep you body from going into starvation mode. :D
  • KittMahan
    KittMahan Posts: 106
    Options
    I don't really think it matters hour by hour, you just want to balance out at the end of the day.

In general.

I mean, don't go do a five mile run before you eat in the morning, thinking you'll get it all back with a big breakfast of steak and eggs, right? Just so long as you've given your body some calories to work with before you do the 1000 calorie burn you're okay I think...
  • LilSnoop40
    Options
    Ok so he app says 1410 per day, I eat all that by lunch. Bowl or cereal, powerbar snack and a little something for lunch. Then I go home and do the elliptical for 1hr burning 1000 calories per workout. Then my calories go back up to 1000 or so in the green. So by the end of the I am eating around 2400 calories. Seems like I'm doing this correct?

Thanks!