Eating VitaTops

Options
What are some different ways people are adding to their VitaTop? I have heard Whipped cream or peanut butter.

Replies

• Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I cant even find any vitatops!! Where in the market do you find them?! lol
  • lauren2728
    Options
    i eat a chocolate one every morning with a tablespoon of peanut butter. the pb will melt if you put it on right after you warm the vitatop. its delicious!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    They have them in the freezer section of my Giant. They also sell them at Costco. I eat the chocolate choc chip plain! Love them!!
  • raeray84
    Options
    I don't even know what Vitatops are. Can someone tell me?Thanks!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    They have them here at Martin's and Kroger's grocery stores. You can also order them online. I haven't tried them yet but I'm thinking about it. They are kinda expensive imo :frown:
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I like the brownies warm with a scoop of Dyer's Churned Vanilla Bean ice cream on top. Nom, nom, nom! And only 210 calories.
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've found them in the frozen foods section at Target, but their selection is limited to only two or three varieties.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i eat a chocolate one every morning with a tablespoon of peanut butter. the pb will melt if you put it on right after you warm the vitatop. its delicious!

I finally tried one tonight! So good. I had a deep chocolate VitaTop warmed up with 2 TBSP of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter (same amount of calories as other peanut butter) and 2 TBSP of Fat Free Cool Whip. Amazing! 285 calories, but I had some to spare!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I both love the corn ones with chili or soup.

I like the deep chocolate ones with a 1/2 cup of Arctic Zero on it in a bowl.

And the banana nut are great with a slight drizzle of local honey or a thin smear of cream cheese.

Or, I'll eat any of them plain as well. For heating, I throw them in the microwave for just about 10 seconds to take most of the chill of the freezer off, then I pop 'em in the toaster until they're hot through and have a wonderful toasty outside.

They are a bit pricey, but you can find them on sale sometimes at Target which makes them a bit more reasonable. I desperately want to try the Pumpkin Spice, chocolate mint, chocolate banana and fudgey peanut butter ones but ordering them online gets way to expensive for me because of the shipping to California.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I just ordered the sampler from the website. They are a bit pricey but so is most healthy food right? It curbs my sweet tooth and keeps me from indulging in worse things. Check out the website and it gives recipe ideas.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I heat a chocolate one up for 30 seconds in the microwave and then put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I use Eating Right no sugar added vanilla ice cream (90 cals for 1/2 cup. Has protein and fiber too). :)
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've found them in the frozen foods section at Target, but their selection is limited to only two or three varieties.

I get mine at Target as well. They have a new Egg and Cheese sandwich that is reallly good if you add a little salsa on top. MMM!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about these but have never had one. Seems like a sensible treat every now and then.
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few kinds and they are really gross tasting to me. I think I am in the minority here but I am not a fan.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with cool whip lite- the deep chocolate ones.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Mine are still sitting in freezer!!! Thanx for reminding me.. LOL!!! Now I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow =)
  • paroxysm
    Options
    At Costco they're $9.99 for a box of 12 deep chocolate vitatops. I heat one 35 seconds and eat it with a fork. 100 cal delish =)
  • mommamo5
    Options
    I took someone's suggestion from another post...heat it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then pop it in the toaster. yummy!!!
  • moderationiskey
    moderationiskey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the sugar free velvety chocolate with sugar free coolwhip. 90 cals plus 20 for 2T of coolwhip. 110 total and tastes like 500:smile: !