Zig Zagging

Options
I had an off day today. I was weak, craving chocolate and ate 6 mini Hershey! OMG, that was 400 calories and with my dinner, it will bring me over 260. I have read a lot about how much better it is to zigzag your calories so I am hoping today doesn't hurt me!

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing, I ate horrible today, and going to try the Zig Zag, and not eat under my calories tomorrow! Best of luck to you, I am hoping it works!
  • kimi233
    Options
    LOL DUH!!! I mean I am going to eat under my calories tomorrow!!
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this to because I zig zag.....really good and strong for a week almost 2 weeks then I have one day where I eat bad. I'm wondering if this hurts or helps?
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    It's good to have 1 high calorie day a week. It helps keep your body from getting used to eating the same things everyday. Yesterday was my high calorie day and today I broke my plateau and was down 1 lb. Just make sure you drink a lot of water today! Good luck! You can do it!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Try mini 3 musketeers next time. :) One is only like 24 calories. Even though they are tiny I savor them. Now they have cherry ones out too... :) Yummy!!!
  • Jenny421
    Options
    Dont feel bad, its my 3rd week and twice I had to buy a chocolate bar and I ate a piece of it. I gave it back to my coworker and told her to hold it for me for my weak days (such as that time of the month). We are allowed to have weak days. Just keep telling yourself that you are doing great and that you will not stop until you get where you wanna be :0)
  • TennVolsGal
    Options
    It's good to have 1 high calorie day a week. It helps keep your body from getting used to eating the same things everyday. Yesterday was my high calorie day and today I broke my plateau and was down 1 lb. Just make sure you drink a lot of water today! Good luck! You can do it!

That was my thinking behind it but I weigh in everyday so I don't see the differece to much. Thanks for the info!
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am so upset with myself. If I had access to Musketeers, I would have eating them. The candy dish at work only had the Hershey s.

Any way, I have read that zig zagging manipulates your metabolism so it doesn't know what to expect. I am going to eat under my calorie goal for the next two days because I was over 29 calories yesterday too.

We will see,,, I weigh in on Saturday.
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I do that on Weight Watchers as they say you can save a certain amount of points per day and use on other days. I have a high day on a Saturday so I can have take away or eat out or a piece of cake or something and it keeps me on track because then almost nothing is forbidden in small amounts at least. The rest of the week if I eat badly one day I will eat better the next day to make up for it (I'm talking a point or two, not going off track completely). I think it works well because some days I need and want to eat more - a craving, or I'm more hungry and then on others I naturally need to eat less or want to eat less and that's good because it's listening to my body and giving it what it needs and only what it needs.

During TOM I crave chocolate horrendously, so if I go over one day I'll eat a low point soup or some good protein and vegetables to make up for it. I'll have enough food to keep me satisfied but it will be low stuff so I can fit in more snacks (all small, less than 100 cal snacks). I know it's not great to have a lot of chocolate and such, but it keeps me on track and it's what works for me.
  • TennVolsGal
    Options
    Check out this website...haven't read it but looked like it would answer your question. Let me know if it works for ya!

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=64
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I am so upset with myself. If I had access to Musketeers, I would have eating them. The candy dish at work only had the Hershey s.

Any way, I have read that zig zagging manipulates your metabolism so it doesn't know what to expect. I am going to eat under my calorie goal for the next two days because I was over 29 calories yesterday too.

We will see,,, I weigh in on Saturday.

One tip though - I find that if I eat too low on the day before I weigh in that my body hangs on to the weight and I see a bad result on the scale, so I always make friday (I weigh on Sat) a higher day.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I do that on Weight Watchers as they say you can save a certain amount of points per day and use on other days. I have a high day on a Saturday so I can have take away or eat out or a piece of cake or something and it keeps me on track because then almost nothing is forbidden in small amounts at least. The rest of the week if I eat badly one day I will eat better the next day to make up for it (I'm talking a point or two, not going off track completely). I think it works well because some days I need and want to eat more - a craving, or I'm more hungry and then on others I naturally need to eat less or want to eat less and that's good because it's listening to my body and giving it what it needs and only what it needs.

During TOM I crave chocolate horrendously, so if I go over one day I'll eat a low point soup or some good protein and vegetables to make up for it. I'll have enough food to keep me satisfied but it will be low stuff so I can fit in more snacks (all small, less than 100 cal snacks). I know it's not great to have a lot of chocolate and such, but it keeps me on track and it's what works for me.

I agree. I don't want to be skinny if I can't eat chocolate!!!!! You can eat it and stay at your calorie limit. Just ate extra dark Lindt truffle while drinking coffee. Life is good.
  • kimi233
    Options
    I am so much a chocaholic, and I have found that if I drink my Shakeology chocolate shake, it helps cure my cravings for that sinfully good chocolate!! =) Don't get me wrong, I do have my slip up days where I HAVE to have it, usually that special time, but it cures my day to day cravings!!