Is one week that important?

Options
I have been trying to stay motivated and working out for the past couple of weeks but I am still only dragging myself to workout sessions a couple of times a week ( and doing the bare minimum). I am still keeping track of my calories but just not hitting the gym like I should. Would it be a good idea just to take a week off of working out to re-motivate myself or would that just be more harm than good?

Replies

• turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    I have been trying to stay motivated and working out for the past couple of weeks but I am still only dragging myself to workout sessions a couple of times a week ( and doing the bare minimum). I am still keeping track of my calories but just not hitting the gym like I should. Would it be a good idea just to take a week off of working out to re-motivate myself or would that just be more harm than good?
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yes! One week is important. This will probably result in less motivation if you haven't been exercising consistently for atleast 6 months. Try something new. I like to do intervals once a week because they don't take as much time and don't seem to be as tedious. You could also use resources such as fitnessmagazine.com and use the workouts posted there. It's easier to go if you have something new to look forward to. I recently got a workout partner and it has done wonders for my motivation and the quality of my workouts! I highly recommend it if you can find someone close to your fitness level. You could always get a personal trainer for a few sessions and they could put some workouts together for you and motivate you while you are working out. That might jump start the process again! Let me know if this helps!