Food Diary

Options
I noticed today that my caloric intake increased by about 150 calories or so. Can't quite remember, but I thought as time goes on they went down. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    your recommended calorie intake is a result of

1) your current weight
    2) how much you want to lose that week
    3) how many calories you burned through exercise that day

I don't think it goes down, really, unless you want to lose more weight that week. Personally my BRM (the amount of calories it takes my body to keep me alive for a day) is around 1800. The only reason I am eating less than that is so that my body is forced to take from the reserves (fatty deposits!) to make up for the cals I didn't eat.

Sorry if this confused you more than helped - I am kinda lost reading it over again now :(
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sarah is right...the difference you see today may just be because it adds your exercise calories into your daily allowance once you log them.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    So basically the more I exercise the more calories it will allow me to ingest? Okay...I try to stay significantly under what they recommend as well so it will take from all this mess I have hanging on me as well. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Try not to eat much less than they suggest. This site already figures in a 'deficit' for your body depending on what info you have given it. If you have selected 1 or 2 lbs a week it has added that into your suggested figures for the day. Feel free to eat exactly or near whatever number you see and I promise in a few weeks you will see results :)
  • SLONG3
    SLONG3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to ever eat all my 1200 calories. If I do eat all the calories, I go over on the carbs or proteins. Do you have ideas to add more fiber to diet?
  • sarah44254
    Options
    Protein is awesome. Instead of seeing your number as a top limit, think of it as a goal that you want to pass up each day. Like a minimum requirement. Beans, leafy greens, and even onions are a good source of fiber! I add metamucil to my morning water and it tastes rather bad but it helps lower cholesterol, regulate bowel functions, and add easy fiber to my diet.