Kansas City

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
Hello,

After looking at the ap on my phone I thought I'd check it out online. I'm Geoff, 31, out of Kansas City. My wakeup call came this past April 1st. I finished some military training at a whopping 292 lbs, the heaviest I've ever weighed. The day after training, my wife and I hopped on a plane to Tahiti for 10 days and wow...I was out of shape. Once back I started running, something that is really NOT fun at 292 lbs. About November, I'd lost 20 lbs and decided to take a closer look at my diet. Collected some data, did some research and made some changes. Since then I've upped my workouts and lost another 16 lbs. Running is much easier at 256 and my 5k time is down to 25 minutes. Good progress as I approach my first goal of 250 lbs. Once achieved I'll be lighter than I did when I joined the army in 1998. I haven't decided what my second goal will be, but I will be keeping the goal markers closer together, likely 5 to 7 lb increments.

I have a very irregular schedule but would enjoy a workout partner in KC. If anyone's out there I'm open to an occasional workout to help motivate one another...age, gender, race immaterial.

Otherwise I'm here to learn and share what I know and make some progress!

Replies

• IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in KC occasionally. Last fall I spent a couple of days there and had the occasion to visit L.C,'s BBQ. Man oh Man, that's some good stuff!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Alot of folks don't know about LC's. The first time there I was a little apprehensive as it's located over by the stadium, but, their BBQ is really great. Thankfully it's located too far from where I live to make a quick stop, haha.
  • jjcollins83
    Options
    hello in from the wichita ks area up in kc once a month ... welcome and have fun losing