Yoga

Options
Can anyone recommend a great Yoga DVD for beginners. I've decided to persevere at home for now
I tried going to a Yogaworks class it was wonderful but it was full of slim, flexible people . Good for them! but by the time I had got into a pose they were onto the next. I couldn't even get into the child's pose because of my tummy. I'm not discouraged because the stretching felt great..Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• LivingFree
    Options
    I have a 6 dvd set from Yoga Zone which is excellent. They even have a spot where you can go to the positions to learn more about them, separate from following the workout. The set has whatever you're in the mood for: evening stress release, abs, fat burning etc.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yogaworks actually does make yoga videos. I don't own any, but I will do yoga videos on OnDemand (if you have it, go to "sports and fitness", then "exercise tv", then "yoga and pilates"). As long as you have OnDemand, they are free, and sometimes they have yogaworks videos. I have been doing their yoga for beginners lately and like it a lot.
  • Jalfie
    Jalfie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you..I'll check both of those out!
  • Jalfie
    Options
    @pinstripepirate..lol You're right....would you believe it! I have free on demand exersise ..all 126 of them..Thanks for that.
  • bahlee
    bahlee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a "Crunch" dvd that combines yoga and pilates. I like it because the women in the background are all different shapes and sizes and the instructor has one of them modify the exercises for beginners.
  • Jalfie
    Options
    @bahlee.....I saw the Crunch..It looks great. I have a few to choose from now!