Howdy from the midwest...

Options
Hello. I am a 38 year old single mother and teacher. Weight has been a struggle for me my whole life. Two years ago, I trained and completed the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in Chicago. It helped me lose 60 pounds and do something I didn't think I'd ever be able to do. But what did I do when I finished?? NOTHING! And I gained every bit back. So I started in again in September and lost about 45 pounds. Then 'took a break' over Christmas break and am really struggling to get back on track. I've gained about 15 pounds back. I cannot keep working so hard only to give up and not get to the point where eating and exercise is just a given in my life. I've got to make this a lifelong change...not a change to do while I'm 'dieting'.

As for me, well I love to watch sports. I'm a sports junkie! I coach volleyball and attend numerous sporting events! I love music and movies and just hanging out with my friends and family.

Replies

• aredix
    aredix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to myfitnesspal..well I joined about 2 weeks ago..but I didn't really change my eating habits. I'm starting fresh today and hopefully I can stay on track. I NEED to do this. I have gain back a lot of weight that i had already lost once.

Don't give up...you can do it!
  • krazeekat80
    Options
    welcome from the midwest I'm in central Illinois too You can do it I just started this also so we can do it together
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Welcome from Indianapolis. You'll find a great group of folks here!