Options

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    5'11 here and currently weigh 218lbs. Wanting to get to 165lb
  • steffie88
    Options
    5'11 but my weight makes me feel like im 6'11. My current weight is 172lbs and my goal is 142
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11.5" and I weigh about the same and I'm going for somewhere between 150-160..
  • ruddyrunner
    Options
    I'm 6'3", my goal weight is to be under 200, which would be a "healthy BMI" for me.
  • bella3011
    Options
    WOW. Obviously and thankfully, we r not alone..LOL! 5'11" here, 178 lbs goal 150.
  • Rachelbab1230
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 155-160. I never shoot for a low weight per say just how thin and fit I actually am. I accepted a loooong time ago that I will never weigh 115 or even 125 for that matter.
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I am the largest by far. I am 5'11" and I weigh 345.4 lbs. I have been this tall since I was 15 and at this age i was 150 lbs (super skinny). I definitely don't want to be there again. I think 175 would be good for me, at least until I get there:ohwell:
  • fivefteleven
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and 257 lbs..would love to be 180 for long term goal but 200 - 225 is more realistic for my present goal
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow! Its great to see so many tall women on MFP! I'm 5'11" with a small frame and wear a size 6. I've got some water weight issues going on right now or something (lol!) because I was 149 yesterday and 146 right now. My body is just adjusting to the Insanity workout I guess. Nonetheless, my goal weight is 140.
  • jgurvin99
    Options
    Here goes...My first post...I am 6ft tall and today weigh 211. I started gaining alot of weight about 4.5 yrs ago when I met my fiance and had some medical issues as well as two bad car accidents and recently a broken tailbone. I feel like I have had major setback but have also used them as an esxcuse to people for not losing weight. When I met my husband to be i was between 150 - 160...I would like to get back there again. I am realy depressed about this weight since our wedding is just over a month away ...I keep wishing I looked like I did before..Everyone tells me I look fine and so on...But what else will they say..Hey you got fat....I cannot believe my weight at this point but I was up to 221 and have managed to lose a bit of weight.. So everyday now almost I get on my eliptical but I'm not losing much weight..When I started 10 days ago I was about 216 or so I'm not sure...What do I need to do to speed up my weight loss ?? Any suggestions ??
  • jgurvin99
    Options
    I definately know how you feel. I don't truly feel huge till I see myself in a picture..Now that I am getting married next month I see myself in a wedding dress and feel like an ogre....
  • jgurvin99
    Options
    Hi,

I am back on the wagon so to speak. I got married last May and managed to get to 208, now I have skyrocketed up to 240. My life is like a yo-yo working full time going to school full time and caring for my elderly grandmother full time. I have had a rough few years including multiple car accidents, breaking my tail bone etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia and was diagnosed this past summer. I feel like a whale, literally. When I met my now husband I was 165 on a bad day, 6ft tall. I would never have dreamed I could weigh as much as I do now. I generally wear an 18 now which disgusts me. I feel like there is no hope to look like I used to. I can't even look at myself naked, it makes me sick. Now even my sex life is affected because I don't want to take my clothes off... Ok now that you know all my secrets..lol..I will see you all later
  • RholeModel1922
    RholeModel1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a stallion like you :) I am currently at 201...my goal is to get to about 160...once I reach that goal, I am going to strive for 150. I don't think it would be good for me to go under 150...but who know where my body will be at that point. I think for our height the recommended weight is between 145 - 175.
  • RholeModel1922
    Options
    Here goes...My first post...I am 6ft tall and today weigh 211. I started gaining alot of weight about 4.5 yrs ago when I met my fiance and had some medical issues as well as two bad car accidents and recently a broken tailbone. I feel like I have had major setback but have also used them as an esxcuse to people for not losing weight. When I met my husband to be i was between 150 - 160...I would like to get back there again. I am realy depressed about this weight since our wedding is just over a month away ...I keep wishing I looked like I did before..Everyone tells me I look fine and so on...But what else will they say..Hey you got fat....I cannot believe my weight at this point but I was up to 221 and have managed to lose a bit of weight.. So everyday now almost I get on my eliptical but I'm not losing much weight..When I started 10 days ago I was about 216 or so I'm not sure...What do I need to do to speed up my weight loss ?? Any suggestions ??

While reducing your calories will help you look weight, just make sure you output is more than your intake. Try lifting light weights...it will help you tone and your body will continue to burn long after you are done.
  • RholeModel1922
    Options
    Wow!!! I am the largest by far. I am 5'11" and I weigh 345.4 lbs. I have been this tall since I was 15 and at this age i was 150 lbs (super skinny). I definitely don't want to be there again. I think 175 would be good for me, at least until I get there:ohwell:

Keep working at it, you will get there!
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    6 foot
    start weight 238
    current weight 215
    goal weight 183

there are groups you may want to join:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/90-totally-tall-women-of-mfp
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women
  • bharris78
    bharris78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 6 ft even and weight 268. But I have probably yo-yo dieted twice that weight. I was 165 when I started college but wasplaying sports and that weight was really hard for me to maintain. I have been on this site for 3 months and have had zero pounds lost. Trying something new this month. My goal weight is 210 but my dream weight is180.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'11" and I'm thinking around 160-170 will be my end goal. It all depends on how I look and feel though.

Has anyone read The Tall Book by Arianne Cohen? Its a great food for any tall woman =]
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5 and at the moment I'm 292lbs and my goal is between 160 and 170. I've never weighed that little from when I can remember so I don't know where I will feel most comfortable.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hair shy of 6' tall. Currently, I weigh 227, but my goal is 170. I am slightly big-boned so I need to be at the higher end of the normal range.