The 17 Day Diet: Day 9

Options
Wow, today was 'one of those days'! To start it off, the snowy roads were ridiculous. Got stuck in my in-laws driveway...twice! I ended up taking one of their vehicles to work. Sounds silly now, but at the time I was uber annoyed with the whole thing.

I've ate well all day and am quite full after dinner. I'm struggling though....I can't seem to hit my calorie goal. I can't even seem to get close to my goal. Is anyone else on the plan having the same problem? I'm certainly not trying to starve myself and, like I said, I feel full after every meal and satisfied at the end of the day. I feel amazing physically (still many pounds to go, but its a start!) but am bothered by the lack of calorie thing. The meal plans are not lacking, but I think its more so that I'm getting into a routine of eating the same things each day and there just aren't that many calories in the foods.

Here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast - 2 egg whites scrambled with spinach mixed in
Snack - Orange
Lunch - big salad (lettuce, onions, peas, carrots) w/ tuna and olive oil/balsamic dressing; fruit or Greek Yogurt
Snack - fruit
Dinner - fish or chicken; salad (same as above) and/or veggies
Snack - air-popped popcorn

Can anyone give me suggestions on what I can do? I'm not looking to add a lot of sodium and sugar. My friend is borrowing my 17 Day Diet book so I'm not sure what the other meal plans consist of.

Confused,
Lori:ohwell:

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Add some Walnuts and or Almonds. 1oz has 200 / 170 calories and they are good fats.
    also Bear Naked has some really good granola...all natural. 140 Calories per serving for the Fruit and Nut
    Also Greek Yogurt is good too. Oh Yeah, blackeyed peas are good for you but have lots of calories. That's just a few but
    I'm sure others will have some ideas too.
  • pdxscarlett
    pdxscarlett Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If your calories are really low why skimp on the eggs? Nuts are a great idea, avocados are great if you like them, dried fruits are good as well. I like to treat myself if I have a lot of extra calories. Add some low fat ice cream or a vitatop yum! Dieting shouldn't be boring ;0)
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, girl!
    Where's your Taco Salad...or your Turkey Burgers...or your Chicken Vegetable soup? Where's the Green Tea? Smoothies?
    Double up your egg whites...and have fruit with your meal.
    Snack on cottage cheese or yogurt.
    And...tell your girlfriend you want your book back! haha
    You're doing great!
    Blue