Just wanted to say "HI"

Options
I too am relatively new to mfp, but so far I love it! It's definitely helped me to see just how much I was eating in the past, but not anymore! I've only started by watching calories, and doing 3 simple goals a week to add some extra in...I always park far away, am trying to stay more active in the evening as I am home alone and generally am a bum on the couch eating junk, and I started doing 5 squats every time I use the rest room. My fiance' refers to it as "potty-cise", I figured I'm supposed to be doing them for my back, and they have an extra bonus, so I'll do them.

Looking for any suggestions of what I can do or how I can do something better. Waiting out the miserable weather here in PA because I desperately want to start walking again.

My goals are:
lose 30 by my birthday in June
lose 65 (or more) by our wedding next fall

Help much appreciated if you've got some!

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in PA and I agree about the weather, too.

As far as suggestions, I've always liked going the Leslie Sansone In Home Walking programs. Lately I've been into Wii games. ( I joined the Y last spring so 90% of my workouts take place there). Prior to that I'd borrow work out DVDs from the library to see if I liked them or not before I spent the money on them.

If you do some searches in the Community section of this site you'll find loads of posts about how the other members stay active.

I wish you success in reaching your goals, I know you will do it and being here will help!
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Never gave it a thought about the library, but great idea! I have a friend that also wants to maybe join the Y, so we're gonna give her bf's free week passes a go soon. Due to issues with my back there are a lot of things I can't do, but I know there's also plenty I can! Dying to try Zumba, I hear wonderful things from people who are even heavier than me!