P90X

Options
Has anyone tried the P90X series?? I just bought it, wondering if anyone has had good results from it- it's TOUGH, I can tell you that!!! Painful, but I am hoping to see a benefit if I follow it strictly enough, but hearing someone who HAS done it would be great!

Replies

• midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried it, but many of my co-workers have, and they all quit within a month.
  • deentoon
    deentoon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did it over the summer with my 2 best friends, stick with it!! Plyo helps with running or any other cardio you do. Yoga x is still a toughie and kempo is so fun you'll forget you're in pain! haha We could only do it during our summer break from classes but i could tell at the end of the summer my body had toned up and i was a lot stronger than when i started. I'm currently trying to get back into it too. Ab ripper x in particular..:sad:

Oh! and don't forget the recovery drink. That helps out..A LOT!
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    I am about to start this upcoming Sunday! I have tried a couple of the DVDs in the series and it is intense but Tony tells you to go at your own pace so its doable! Stick with it and use the beachbody and MFP community for encouragement! You got it :)
  • RainyDayProphet
    Options
    Definitely seeing results.

I'm only 45 days into it, but here is a link to my progress so far.

http://www.digitalcampground.com/fitness/

(I started P90X at about 174 pounds, I've lost another 11 pounds since then and am down to about 10% body fat ;)

I'm NOT a Beachbody coach (like so many of the people who push P90X), but I DEFINITELY recommend it!

-Rain
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I have quite a number of friends on here who have done it and look amazing! It's all about just committing to it and keeping up with it. If this is your first workout in some time (aka you are not that in shape), I might suggest doing something a little less intense (like Power 90), but if not, then go for it! :smile:

I have P90X myself but haven't done it yet. I am doing ChaLean Extreme right now (and LOVE it) and will soon mix in some Turbo Fire HIIT exercises as well to keep it fresh.

Best of luck!
  • mlowe09
    Options
    i did it untill an ankle injury prevented me from going forward. do as much as you can and the results will be there. there are some workouts that are much more fun than others, work through the tuff ones looking forward to the ones you enjoy more. i made it about half way through (45 days) and when i got hurt i had almost reached the goal i set when i started.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    It's a shame so many people quite P90X because they are afraid of a little hard work.
    P90X saved my life. Plain and simple. Insanity Gave me cardio endurance of and elite athlete.
    The thing you need is support and motivation. Make sure you use the Team Beachbody Forums just
    like these. Get in contact with your coach. If you don't have one message me and I'll be happy to help you out.
    The Program is everything it's advertised to be and a whole lot more.
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Definitely seeing results.

I'm only 45 days into it, but here is a link to my progress so far.

http://www.digitalcampground.com/fitness/

(I started P90X at about 174 pounds, I've lost another 11 pounds since then and am down to about 10% body fat ;)

I'm NOT a Beachbody coach (like so many of the people who push P90X), but I DEFINITELY recommend it!

-Rain

Nice Job Rain...Looking good.
  • laddyboy
    Options
    I have P90X myself but haven't done it yet. I am doing ChaLean Extreme right now (and LOVE it) and will soon mix in some Turbo Fire HIIT exercises as well to keep it fresh.

Best of luck!

I love the HIIT workouts from Turbo Fire. They Freakin Rock!!!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have, and just like Laddyboy, i have too.
  • laddyboy
    Options

Yeah, we rock bro!!!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Yeah, we rock bro!!!

Laddy,

I know you are a beachbody coach but seriously bro, you should try Cathe at Cathe.com. Her HIIT kills Chalene's and her Intensity is freakin' amazing. Jus' sayin!
  • ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have P90X and stopped it during the first month because of a knee issue. I also have Power 90. I started with Power 90 and kicked *kitten* at it. I went from being able to do almost 5 push ups to cranking out 30. I recently started again witih Power 90 at the 3/4 level and have fallen back into it so easily! I'm giving myself 30 to 45 days until I push back into P90X. The workouts in P90X are nothing like you have done before. However, I love workouts that actually kick your butt!
  • Bonstizzle
    Bonstizzle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    One of my friends is doing it now and I am on my own program and we have been doing our programs for the same amount of time. His *kitten* is getting kicked and it turned out I am losing more weight. BUT... apparently we found that P90X is the second part there is a beginner part called Power 90 that is suppose to be easier. I think you should stick with whatever works for you though. That is the important part, whatever you do, stick with it.