I can't do jumping jacks...

Options
So, I came to the conclusion tonight I cannot do jumping jacks. My chest (meaning my boobs) physically hurt. I know I need a better sports bra but I have yet to find one that reins the girls in enough. The BIggest Loser for WII workout has jumping jacks...any recommendations as to what I can do instead?

Replies

• jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have the SAME issue and it does hurt!! I asked a trainer friend this exact question. She said as we loose weight and the gals shrink we'll be able to do jumping jacks, but until then she recommends a standing side jack. You move your arms the same but move your right leg out and shift your weight and then come back center. Then move your left leg out and shift your weight then come back center. You do it fast, 1 jack = both left and right side moves. I do this and it is soooo much easier on the gals. And I'm still getting great physical activity. Hope this helps!
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    Get 2 sports brawls
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Wear 2 sports bra at 1 time.....thats what a couple of my friends do and it works for them. Squat jacks might be a good alternative if your not game for the 2 bra thing..........Good luck on your journey.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have that game and yes, they are evil. I do what above poster said, the side to side jack thing. Or I suck it up and just go for it. Depends on the bra.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I wear two sports bras but they still get out of control. I think this weekend I am going to invest (I say invest bc they are darn expensive) in an Under Amour sports bra. I have tried them on in the past and they seem pretty secure.

Thanks for the side jumping jacks. I never thought of that.
  • KaitKaz
    KaitKaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Under armour sports bras are awesome! Well worth every penny. Another great style is the "Ta Ta Tamer" from Lululemon. Again, it's a little pricey - but it's more worth it than buying 2 crappy ones that you have to wear together.

Good luck!
  • robirose
    robirose Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm still laughing, I've been looking all over the internet on what else to do, I can't do any kind of jumping (the knees for one, but I can handle them) but the boobies are not liking...3 bras don't help so I appreciate the reply re: side jacks, I'll try that. On last week's Biggest Loser, Bob's tip was 20 reps 3-5x of jumping jacks, pushups and lunges will definitely get your weight down w/o all the gyms/dvds, etc. But I couldn't do the jacks. I'm adding situps, bi/tricep exercise with 3-5lb wts. and 20 min. walk/runs (even the runs weren't as bad on the girls) 3-5 times.

Still can't believe any woman would risk her life (and ability to ever get close to the mattress again) with implants...no matter what size dress/blouse I buy, size Med-2x I still can't button it over them :-)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I just posted on the sports bra for big girls thread.

I am a 42DDD and wear Enell. Seriously, it holds the girls in. They do not move.
    http://www.enell.com/index.php

They are pricey, but it's worth it.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Same problem but not sure what to do instead.
  • tsomich
    tsomich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Athleta.com or titlenine.com

These companies have saved my boobs AND my back!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Strap those girls down.

I do not own a sports bra (I'm poor and can't afford one) so I just wear two of my regular bras.

Works like a charm.
  • tsomich
    tsomich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Titlenine.com has a slogan "Say NO to the three-bra workout!" that made me think of this post! haha. ALso check out athleta.com.
    I'm a 36DD and only wear their bras.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=enell+sports+bra&x=0&y=0&sprefix=enell+,aps,154

http://www.enell.com/

The Enell Sports bra.

Okay, it's not the sexiest thing in the world. It hooks straight up the front with small hook and eyelet clasps. It is NO JOKE. Nothing moves in this thing. Nothing. In fact, wearing this bra, I suddenly noticed all the other things that jiggled once the distraction of my boobs was taken care of.

I jog in this thing. Jumping jacks? Not an issue. Bike riding? I have the boobs of a carved statue. It's for women of all sizes, but if you've got a lot going on up top, it will be a godsend.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I hold my boobs to my chest (cross my arms across my chest) and just to the leg part of the jumping jacks.
  • ValWhite81
    Options
    My issue is that I have had four boys all over 8 pounds, with the biggest being 10 pounds. I have been diagnosed with stress incontinence, and I literally pee my pants every time I do a jack. It's embarrassing, and not fun. Add that to the boob problem, and I hate jumping jacks. Thanks for the side jack tip! I will have to try that!