Too much protein??

Options
Aubers
Aubers Posts: 39 Member
I've been doing really good with my calorie, fat and cholesterol intake, but I've been going over the recommended protein almost everyday (4 out of the 5 days I've been doing this). Is this bad? Will it effect my weight loss? I always thought protein was good because it keeps us full. But I'm not very knowledgeable about all this.

Replies

• dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    How far over? What is your daily goal? I found for me MFP really lowballed my protein number and I had to adjust it manually.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    No, there is no such thing as too much protein.
  • Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How far over? What is your daily goal? I found for me MFP really lowballed my protein number and I had to adjust it manually.

My daily goal from MFP is 45, I've been as little as 6 over to 20 over.
    I'm a 24, 5'3" AND 170lbs goal weight is 120-125
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Nah, you're fine. You should be eating anywhere from 30-40% from protein anyway. You'll stay fuller longer, you'll build muscle, especially if you're doing resistance training which you should be doing. Eat more lean meats like chicken breast, turkey breast,lean pork and lean beef and fish.
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    your body will just flush it away as waste, don't worry about it as long as your keeping everything else in check, you just don't wanna be going over on your fat, sodium, and carbs every day, since your body processes them differently and will hinder the weight loss, since you will store those as fat and water retention if they are in excess.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yea I wouldnt worry, i got over 100 grams today :]