Life style change

Options
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired., my battle with the bulge is constant and I'm on this site because I need help. I've finally realized that I need a support system I simply can't do it alone. Help me change my life. : )

Replies

• shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    Good for you! :D Welcome.
  • hankal
    hankal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you made the first and most important step to regaining control of you life. Congratulations! Now you need a plan. I started with the "Flat Belly Diet" and it is working for me. The best part is I don't have the constant hunger pangs like other diets. Get some ideas from the book or similar, remember it took a long time to get to the point you are at so it will take time to lose the weight. Don't beat yourself up, just get started. Good luck.
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    That is the reason to be here.

Don't try to change everything all at once, or you will get discouraged and quit. Start with tracking your food. You have to know what is going in. Be honest... you aren't getting a grade and if you eat more than you should, it will show up whether you record it or not.

I know that for me, just tracking calories was a giant step. It made me realize what I was taking in. That has led to small changes (smaller portions of foods I really love, more exercise, etc.). And those small changes have dropped 11 pounds (down to 239 from 250) since Christmas.

If I eat too much, I let it go. If I don't get to exercise enough, I let it go (and I sprained my ankle over New Year's weekend and just got back to walking today).

Good luck.
  • naleli
    naleli Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks guys : )
  • jlutica
    jlutica Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome!!