Anyone training for a triathlon?

Options
liscar
liscar Posts: 311 Member
I just started training to try out a triathlon in March --- I would love to find some buddies to help inspire in the running, swimming and cycling arena :) I am on week 5 of the couch to 5k, tonight was my first "feels good" slog...."slow jogging" I hope I can get faster. I struggle with the running the most -- hopefully there some people out there that are interested in being buddies

Replies

• TriMomSVW
    Options
    Hi There! I'm always training for my triathlon, so I'd love to be buddies. If you haven't done a tri yet...just wait! It is addicting and sooo inspiring. I love your "photo" by the way.. such a good depiction of how we feel!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to get in enough shape for a triathlon. I completed couch to 5k. Good luck!!
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    I competed and finished my first triathlon last August in Syracuse, NY. Iron Girl. I will be doing two and one-third TRIs this year. I am doing Iron Girl in Racine, WI as I have children that live in IL and will be able to visit them at the same time as race and Iron Girl in Syracuse, NY again. Both Iron Girls are sprint TRIs. In September I will be competing in the race portion of Syracuse 70.3 Half Iron Man and swimming 1.2 miles. It is definitely addicting!
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    My goal is to get to get in enough shape for a triathlon. I completed couch to 5k. Good luck!!

I certainly wasn't in shape last year and still competed. This winter I am concentrating on a more nutritional training for my TRIs this summer. You can do it even if you aren't "in shape".
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I completed my first tri last July. I loved it, it was such an amazing experience. It was an all women event which was great, everyone was really nice and motivating. I can't wait for it again this year and I am looking for more as well. I love the multisport aspect of it.
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm planning on starting training for a duathlon when I get back from vacation...my start date for training is Feb 27! add me if you like!
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    I'm training for a 10k right now, but looking to do a sprint tri later in the year. I need to take swimming lessons to get some feedback on my technique....
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I did my first race about five or six years ago and I was hooked! I'm still debating this year's race schedule, but am signed up for an International dx race in November. I just need to figure out which other races and how many between now and November.

I'll be happy to join you as you work toward this goal.
  • ellie_81
    Options
    I'm training for my first sprint triathlon in May. I'm completely new to the sport and new to this website so any advice/support/motivation would be much appreciated!