Who out there feels like this?

Options
You have your set calorie goals and how often you should excercise to burn a certain amt of calories per week, etc. And you do right 85% of the week, but your body feels like you haven't lost any weight or shed any fat, no matter how hard you work at it. And who else out there feels like you are over eating after you burn a large amount of calories and you have a lot of calories left over? I feel this way and I feel stuffed when I eat the calories. I am still under my calorie goal, but I wonder if I am doing the right thing. Please feel free to share how you feel. If you read this and you know I am doing it all wrong, please let me know. Thanks in advance! :wink:

Replies

• Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm in your same boat... here it is 8 p.m. and I still have 800 calories left, and I think I'm gonna puke if I eat anything. So I'm very interested to see what people say, but I have no answers for you other than to let you know you're not alone.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I just posted about this, and everyone was saying not to worry about it if I wasn't hungry and didn't want to eat and just make the calories up the next day (ie, go over)--if you're that far under, maybe try eating higher calorie foods--nuts, protein, sandwiches, etc as opposed to salads or something (I say this having no clue what you actually eat)?
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Try some veggie/tomato juice. It's not HUGE on calories, but if you're really not hungry and concerned with how low you are, try that. Otherwise, if it's not happening ALL the time, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Don't stuff yourself for the sake of calories.

As for feeling that way...all the freekin time. If I wanted to get to 1200 each day, I would pretty much not be able to work out. It seems like a lot of calories to take in.
  • savage677
    Options
    Right there with you guys on th extra calories. I asked my trainer about it today and she says if you aren't hungry, don't eat and not to worry about the extra calories from exercising, to loose weight I want a deficit. She's had good results with other people so I believe her. But you know I think I'm fat because I didn't make good choices with food in the past and I didn't stop when I was full, so now I try to do just that. harder than calorie tracking is paying attention to how hungry I am. Anywho, good luck to all. :)
  • GorgeousMani
    GorgeousMani Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    u should instead of eating the traditional 3 meals a day split it up into 4 or 5 there for u get ur calories and u are not stuffed :)
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just feel like I constantly stay the same weight. I know I'm not really pushing myself hard enough but it's frustrating.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult at first if you're used to eating way less than you should. When I first started here I was only getting 400-700 calories a day. Having to eat 2-3 times that much seemed impossible. I felt like I was constantly eating. But, it only took about a week for my body to adjust to eating enough. I added a little "extra" food to my meals and tried to eat snacks in between. Once my body got used to eating enough I found I was hungry for the right amount of food. I wasn't constantly full or constantly hungry.

So, having been where you are now, all I can say is that you have to eat. Meet your calorie goal, including exercise calories. Make yourself do it, your body will adjust. There are lots of times when you should listen to your body. This isn't one of them. Our bodies adjust to the amount of food we eat. So, if you get less than you need for an extended period of time, your hunger decreases. If you get more than you need for an extended period of time, your hunger increases.
  • thunder5
    Options
    I posted the same question a bit ago and got similar answers. But the one answer that made since was to make sure I at least eat 1200 cals including what I gained with the cardio. So.....if it shows you've eaten 1500 but burned 600 so you still have cals. I only eat enough cals to put me up the 1200 cal. I get 1700 calories/day so when I burn 600 with cardio I just can't eat all of that and keep consistanly day after day. So I do use those extra to get the extra good fats like nuts, and avecado that I wouldn't eat on a non-cardio day becaseu it would put me over too quickly. But I am trying to be sure to meet min. of 1200 cals. If not your body may feel hungry and store fat instead of burning it....I'm not sure about that last part but that's what I was told.
  • Kezzanna
    Kezzanna Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I try to hit at least 1200 calories per day. I often have some left over especially when exercise calories are added. I think you risk your body going into 'starvation mode' if you go too low and your metabolism slows down, making it harder to lose weight.