Options
    why it's a pretty nice meter you built.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Oh, please don't be disappointed! You'll get it, I promise! :flowerforyou:
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You just joined recently - changes can take a few weeks to show results. Be patient and give it time.

I took a peek at a few days of your food log. Overall, not bad. Your choices are pretty healthy, but watch the processed lunch meats. Your sodium is a bit high and that can make you retain water. Also, it appears you are under eating many days. Try to make your calorie goal. Not eating enough makes it harder to lose weight in a healthy way. Plus, you'll end up tired and cranky. Stick with it for another couple of weeks. Get exercise when you can and keep eating healthy. Good luck!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you are taking in too much sodium you could be retaining water. I am sorry that you are disappointed. :flowerforyou:
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I glanced at your diary, you are doing a great job logging in. You have to reduce your sodium, you exceeding the daily limit. I have High blood pressure and an autoimmune disease, so I have to be extra careful about my intake. I try not to exceed 1500 daily. Drink lots of water, stay from processed foods. I would also suggest drinking tea: green, fennel and peppermint are some good choices. Small changes with some big results.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Hey now... Remember the stairs? That is a HUGE accomplishment. You are making unbelievable changes to habits you've had for a long time. You've come a LONG way already. There is a lot to learn about all of this and it won't happen fast. But you are SO strong and committed - it WILL happen.

I was telling my mom about you the other day (trying to convince her to sign up)... I told her this:
    This lady is very heavy. She has a long way to go. But I cannot believe how great her attitude is. When I or someone else suggests a way to improve something, there's never an excuse, never a complaint. She just does it. SHE is my motivation. Because if she can do this without excuses - there's no reason I can't.

Give it time. And again, remember what I said about the scale. Go from here forward.