Ok not a recipe but an awesome pancake mix I just got..

Options
sweebum
sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
I'm from Canada, so we don't have a lot of the cool stuff you americans have :laugh:

I got some Fiber one pancake mix which I love! It's 180 calories for 3 (6" size) with 20 % of your daily intake of fiber. And my kids love 'em too :love:

You can also add apples/cinnamon, a pack of instant flavored oatmeal (lower sugar of course!), bananas, etc.

Just though I would share :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, where did you find it?
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada, so we don't have a lot of the cool stuff you americans have :laugh:

I'm from Canada too, and I totally hear you. I think it's because I watch American channels so I see their advertising moreso.
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    These are so filling too!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I always add bananas and walnuts to my pancake mix. It soooo yummy and of course my son loves to add chocolate chips to his :(
  • cece9472
    Options
    i use 1/8 cup of mini chocolate chip morsels in my pancakes. i split the amount between the 3 pancakes. its not a lot but it's enough to satisfy that chocolate craving. and sine they are tiny, an eighth of a cup covers all three pancakes.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My parents got them for me at Price Chopper :smile:

We get our mixes, eggs, milk and especially chicken breast in the US.

As a comparison:
    Canada chicken breasts- $3.99 /lb on sale, $5.99 /lb regular. Price chopper $1.77/lb. So the same big pack here costs $27, and costs $9.26 in the US.

We don't have the fiber one or bisquick mixes, fiber splenda, sugarfree jello, chocolate cheerios. Which is scary, because as a whole, canadians are eating better than ever. As a side rant, most things are A LOT cheaper in the US for the same product.
  • akuzman
    akuzman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I buy the Fiber One mix at Meijer and Walmart. It also makes great waffles.
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i use 1/8 cup of mini chocolate chip morsels in my pancakes. i split the amount between the 3 pancakes. its not a lot but it's enough to satisfy that chocolate craving. and sine they are tiny, an eighth of a cup covers all three pancakes.

You can get sugar free jello in Canada! I eat it all the time :)