I love BROWNIES

csmoronu
csmoronu Posts: 17
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
I have a chocolate obsession more specifically I have a brownie obsession. Obviously I could just not eat to fit in my high calorie snack but that clearly is not the healtiert method. Does anyone have any good snacks that can satisfy my brownie obsession?

Replies

• Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    You can buy and make at home No Pudge Brownies. They are in colorful boxes or you can order them on Amazon, I think. They have different flavors and all that too. I made them a few years ago and they were pretty good and the nutrition stats are way better!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Here is the website so you know what I'm talking about :)http://www.nopudge.com/
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Do you think you could eat a high cocoa chocolate bar and be satisfied. I find this works for me. I buy Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate bars and have 3 squares. The calories are reasonable as it the fat content.......and I am satisfied with it. I haven't worked out the calories and fat grams etc. but there is a black bean brownie that is sure to come in lower than the regular brownie counts.
  • Thanks I'll have to try those. I'm not sure how long I can survive without my choclate treat
  • Here are 2 recipes from the Hungry Girl website....

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

(1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g, fiber, 2g protein - 4 WW points)

This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!

1 box devil’s food cake mix
    1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:
    Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

Or.....
    Fudge...UNPUDGED!
    Hungry Girl has done it again. Armed with nothing but pumpkin, some brownie mix and a VERY lowfat PB, she's whipped up a version of chocolate peanut butter fudge that's so low in calories and fat, it'll make you cry tears of joy. Here's the secret recipe...

Ingredients:
    2 cups canned pure pumpkin
    1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Mix (the 18.3-oz. Family Size box)
    2 tbsp. Better 'n Peanut Butter, room temperature

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl; stir until smooth (do not add anything else). Spray a small baking pan (8" X 8" work best - no larger!) with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Spoon 2 tbsp. of Better 'n Peanut Butter (room temperature) on top and use a knife to swirl peanut butter around. Cook for approximately 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool in fridge for a couple of hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve.

Serving Size: 1 piece (approx. 1.3 oz.)
    Calories: 63
    Fat: 1g
    Sodium: 56mg
    Carbs: 13.5g
    Fiber: 1g
    Sugars: 9g
    Protein: 1g
  • I love brownies also, found the perfect answer that tastes great and is pretty healthy. VitaTops Deep Chocolate. They are 100 calories have 9 g of fiber, 4 g of protein, and 50% of daily B6 and B12. Very tasty. They are a little pricy but well worth it. They are in the freezer section, but if you can't find them in a store you can buy them at www.vitalicious.com
  • well i'm new like yesterday but, my grandson loves to make brownies, and like you, i love them to, what i did was make them eat one good size one , and sent the rest out the door to people that don't have weight issue's counted it in my plan , was happy, i hope it help's if you tell me i can't have something i want i lose it. i want to no how to eat it and still win .
This discussion has been closed.