Calories?

MissPriss30
MissPriss30 Posts: 67
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so I have a body bugg from apex fitness and am just starting to get serious about losing weight I want to drop 25lbs TOPS I am a size 28" jeans now and want to get down to a 26" I am only 5'5". So anyway, today I burned 3500 calories ate 1300 which put me in a 2200 calorie deficit so IF I do this all week long at the end of the week I should be in a 15400 calorie deficit which if you divide that by the 3500 calories it takes to make a pound then that would be 4.4lbs that I should lose. For some reason I am wondering if this is going to be the case and I do not want to get discouraged. I am just starting with walking and staying active for the rest of this week and then next week I plan on doing even more instead of walking for an our with my poodle I will ad a 45 minute sprint to that as well as a 45 min resistance training session low weights high reps. If it is true that if you burn more than you eat that you lose weight and that if you store 3500 calories or burn 3500 calories its a pound either way then shouldn't this be the result at the end of the week?

Replies

• Curious how in the heck you burned 3500 calories in one day by walking? Did you walk from CA to NY? I run for almost an hour on the treadmill (about 50 mins) and only burn around 400. And what is your current weight? If you only need to lose 25 lbs, which is not a lot, I don't think you can (or should) lose 4 lbs in a week.
This discussion has been closed.