Hi Everyone - New Vegetarian looking for friends

Options
I have been on MFP for 2 weeks and thought Id come here for a little support :)

I am a vegetarian and have been for about 9 months. Recently, however, I have added fish back into my diet to try and get the protein I need. I know I need to experiment with some other ways to get protein, I am trying different ways of cook tofu. I still eat way too much fast food and carbs.

I work with a personal trainer about 2 times a week, sometimes more if our schedules permit. Both of us (my trainer and I) are in law school, so when finals get closer its harder to schedule in the time. Most days I try to get in an hour of cardio, at least.

My goal for this year is to run a 5K...well actually there are a few of them. I have two dogs and I want to take them on charity dog run events (there are maybe 6 in the area that I know of). I don't really like running yet, but I think its more the fear of failure than anything else.

Sooooo.....add me as a friend...so I can steal your awesome veggie recipes ;)

-Michelle

Replies

• kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also a vegetarian who eats fish. I have also found though, through my 5 years of vegetarianism, a few other ways to include protein. One is through quinoa, which I love love love! Also a lot of the "fake meat" products (Quorn, Morning Star, etc) are great about adding protein to their food, plus they curb the cravings for meat. Anyways, Im adding you as a friend :)
    Crystal
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    hey fellow veggie! I've not eaten meat any time in my life (nore fish- don't like anything with a face!). I love experimenting with new ways of cooking vegetarian food. It's so much fun.
  • colonelangus
    Options
    I am a vegetarian who hates meat, chicken, fish, eggs. So I figured I could eat all the cheese I wanted, but this was wrong, and so I am now here trying to lose 10 pounds. I can only give you one tip when going vegetarian, make everything tasty. It gets so boring eating beans, rice, fruits, vegetables and cottage cheese. Use things like vinegar, bacon bits, etc to make green beans and peas better. And good luck in law school and the bar from a fellow attorney.
  • laineems
    Options
    Hey! First off congrats on being a veggie! I was a vegetarian for 2 years and then went vegan about a year ago and am absolutely loving it :) And i've got lots of yummy recipes for you to steal lol