Fitness DVDs for limited space ??

unusquodtantum
unusquodtantum Posts: 4 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Morning All

I was made redundant at the end of last year and so I had to forfeit my gym membership :( I am too self concious to run outdoors and quite frankly it's too dark and far too cold at the moment here!!

Can anyone recommend any fitness DVD's and or a workout I can do at home? The biggest issue is that I have very limited space! I have the time though.... LOL

Any ideas? I would be most grateful.

UQT xx

Replies

• frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    P90x , 30 day Shred, Turbo jam, Turbo Fire. most of them dont require much space at all. My wife and I both have done P90x together in our tiny college campus apartment living room and had plenty of room. She also has done 30 day shred and is currently doing turbo fire.
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    come to think of it all my exercise dvds require pretty much no room at all. Most of the moves are in place, such as squats, or jogging on the spot. Some of mine do a few moves where you have to side step, or jog forward for 4 paces, but really not much room at all.
    I'd recommend 'the firm' dvds, they have one called punch jab something i think and it is SO much fun. Also Shape dvds are fun as well especially slim and sleek fast. They give you results and the music is good too so i don't dread doing them.
    I have 30 day shred too, but to be honest i HATE it, i still do it, but not as often as the ones i enjoy. But i do know a lot of people swear by jillian michaels dvds, just not me :)
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    30 day shred is a good choice. I would also recomend the methods cardio resistance band (the band even comes with the disc)

Don't get hip hop abs unless you have some lateral floor space by your tv....
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    i'm in a similar situation, except its too hot to run here, not that I'd run in public anyway.

I use the Zumba cardio Party DVD in my tiny lounge room, it's quite embarrassing if you're uncoordinated like me, but it's a bit of fun (as long as no one else is watching) and burns calories quite quickly.
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    I'm doing the Insanity 60 day program by beachbody and it works out really well in my small space. I actually work out in the space between the foot of my bed and the TV (about a 5' x 8' space).
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Netflix has some great ones on instant view.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    I love the 30 day shred, great workout and you just need enough space to do a jumping jack or push up.
  • If you're limited for space keep away from the dance type workouts. I can also vouch for the 30 day shred, you just need enough room for jumping jacks and lying down exercises. x
This discussion has been closed.