Never take your health for granted.

Options
By leaving this message I seek for no sympathy. However, I want to highlight a stern warning to all who are changing their diets and lifestyle's to a more healthier alternative. DO IT! Yesterday morning I experienced a health scare and by late afternoon I was in hospital be assessed. Not to go into great detail but the consultant congratulated me on adopting a more healthier lifestyle and said it was due to this that I made a good recovery. So the reason I write this is to motivate all who are thinking about giving up your diets and healthier alternatives. DON'T DO IT!. Your health is your wealth people. Without, we increase the risk of leaving this wonderful life at a young age and leaving loved ones behind us mourning our loss. Is that fair? Well I don't think it is.

For me today is the day when I put my battle with the bulge into perspective. Today is the day when i throw all excuses out the window. As a human beings our bodies do not deserve to be abused and thats what is happening everyday when we consume horrible processed, high saturated fat foods and pretend to ourselves it is ok. I for one have stopped lying to myself because I have experienced a health scare. Drop the excuses people. God bless!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    "Your health is your wealth people"

I like how you put that, how very true!:drinker:
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like that quote too... I think about that everyday. My family has a history of obesity along with diabetes and high blood pressure. I don't want to be one of them. Thankfully I haven't had either. My blood pressure is great and I don't have diabetes. I want to keep it that way. I started on this site at my heaviest and I never want to see myself over that amount or even near it. I hope I can get back to being 140 lbs again. I loved being that size.
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Drop the excuses people.
    Well said mate.
  • pilling79
    Options
    Losers make excuses winners make it happen.