Cheat days

Options
Ive instituted a cheat day on Wednesdays - Not to go overboard of course, just a day where i dont consider every mouthful i eat, and to indulge my self in a treat from time to time....also to keep my body guessing the calories its going to be burning ( i dont want my metabolism settling down comfortably now do i?)

Now ive noticed that since ive started eating healthily, and eating right, Ive started having fears about my cheat days - and not without reason as well .

Today for instance, instead of my usual breakfast (2 slices of toast, cheese and Quorn slices), i went and got a tomatoe and mozarella cheese croissant, coming in at 375 calories, which is pretty much the same calorific intake as my usual breakfast, but i now feel ill, sluggish and my tummy seems angry at me..this never used to happen a 150 lbs ago...lol

In the end my question is, how do you institute cheat days without getting ill?

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    That's one reason for cheat days... To remind you of how it feels to eat junk.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    DO a Cheat Meal and not a whole day. Try that out.

I usually tell my clients untill they meet there goals to have cheat days. Because 1 turns to 2 and 3 and so on.
  • ProTFitness
    Options
    Also once you have eaten healthy and clean for a while when you put high fat high sugar into your body you will probably feel lke crap. Tired sluggish, upset stomache ect
  • ProTFitness
    Options
    Also once you have eaten healthy and clean for a while when you put high fat high sugar into your body you will probably feel lke crap. Tired sluggish, upset stomache ect
  • zydratethief
    Options
    DO a Cheat Meal and not a whole day. Try that out.

I usually tell my clients untill they meet there goals to have cheat days. Because 1 turns to 2 and 3 and so on.

hmm.. il give that a try :D

Thanks for the info. much appreciated!
  • flossicle
    Options
    I have a cheat day, a day off where i don't count anything and do no exercise @ all.. mine is saturdays, i think it keeps you sane being able to have what you want.. i have my 1 choclate bar a week on saturdays and usually go 4 breakfast @ Mac Donalds, maybe have no lunch but perhaps go 4 a meal with the other 1/2 in the evening or get a take away.. i don't go over board and never eat like i used to, but i think it gives you something to look forward to and keeps a sense of normality and enables you to do things with other people who aren't dieting? My partner is naturally thin and we never eat together, let alone the same thing, apart from Saturdays when we eat out together, but come sunday morning it's straight back to it!