Protein shakes - advice welcome

Options
Hi, I am hoping for a bit of guidance on protein shakes...

Which ones give the best results / are the yummiest?

Are there any suggestions about best time to consume throughout the day?

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanx

Replies

• camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thats a great question I would like to know also thanks for asking
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    I use the EAS 100% Whey Protein that you can buy at Sams club. It comes in a 2# bag and the chocolate is very tasty. I advise to get a shaker bottle from GNC (it has a metal wisk ball inside the shaker) it mixes the best with the least amount of effort. I take mine within an hour of doing strength training or cardio training. But you can use them as meal replacements or mid day snacks. the EAS has 130 cals per serving and is best when mixed with fat free skim milk 90 cals per 8 oz. I use 2 scoops and 16 oz of skim after a weightlifting session because I am trying to "Bulk up" but for the average user, 8 oz is sufficient. I hope this helps.

Tom
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    You could get a meal replacement shake, like Muscle milk, or Myoplex, or you could get regular protein powder. If you do regular protein powder you will also want to add a carbohydrate like a peice of fruit to it to make a meal. I like blending mine with frozen fruit, especially bananas. It makes it more like a milk shake. Look for one that will give you the most protein in the fewest calories. Some may have sugars in them, you will want to get the least sugar as well. Most people recommend Whey, at least for pre, and post workouts.
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm interested in this too, bump :smile:
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Gatmanc17
    Options
    For Whey protein I use SPECIES ISOLYZE chocolate milk or the vanilla flavored. I’ve tried almost every brand out there and for the taste and mixes smooth. I mix with water only if that gives you an idea. Normally a ½ scoop in the morning before low impact cardio, and 1 scoop post afternoon workout. No sugar, no fat, and no lactose.
    Now if you are looking for Casein protein I use GNC chocolate for my late evening shake (try to drink it one hour before bed). It metabolizes slower than whey so it keeps your body fueled all thru the night while you sleep. I have two different shakers and it always sticks or clumps. I started using my blender taking 8 oz of water and 4 ice cubes. Now it tastes just like a chocolate smoothie now!! I have to watch myself or its gone before I know it. Hope this helps, if anyone has questions feel free to pm me.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    My preference is the Jarrow Whey Protein shakes... they are all natural, no artificial colors/sweeteners/flavors, and it is one of the most affordable protein powders available if you buy in bulk.