Making My Puddle a Pond

Options
Hello, MFP users! Nice to meet y'all!
Here's my story:
I have been overweight for six years now. I have tried everything, but really I haven't. I have said I was trying everything but I really didn't do it. I'm sure all the endless programs I have done (including this one) would have worked if I just put forth effort. Well, last night as I was discussing my weight again for the (there's no number big enough to go here) time I was told that my pond had become a puddle years ago and that now my puddle was drying up. Actually, the saying was "your puddle is drying up, the sun is hot, it's about 105 degrees, and an elephant just sat in your puddle". So, that made me think. Am I really so lazy that I can't do this? NO, I'm not. I can do this, AND I WILL!
I started again on this site at the first of the year because that is what I always do. I don't want another year to go by and I have the same issues. I want this year to be the one that makes a difference. I started off doing it by myself and I did lose one pound, but I see that in order for me to stay here I need support. So, please help me, and I will try my best to help you.
With that being said I hope everyone has an excellent day at work or whatever it is you do to spend your day. :smile:

Replies

• Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat. Trust me you don't want to go on longer than 6 years! I've been struggling with my weight up and down since I was a child. MFP is a great site with lots of tools to help track and people who are on your side! Good luck, and you CAN do it!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You CAN do it!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Hello, MFP users! Nice to meet y'all!
    Here's my story:
    I have been overweight for six years now. I have tried everything, but really I haven't. I have said I was trying everything but I really didn't do it. I'm sure all the endless programs I have done (including this one) would have worked if I just put forth effort. Well, last night as I was discussing my weight again for the (there's no number big enough to go here) time I was told that my pond had become a puddle years ago and that now my puddle was drying up. Actually, the saying was "your puddle is drying up, the sun is hot, it's about 105 degrees, and an elephant just sat in your puddle". So, that made me think. Am I really so lazy that I can't do this? NO, I'm not. I can do this, AND I WILL!
    I started again on this site at the first of the year because that is what I always do. I don't want another year to go by and I have the same issues. I want this year to be the one that makes a difference. I started off doing it by myself and I did lose one pound, but I see that in order for me to stay here I need support. So, please help me, and I will try my best to help you.
    With that being said I hope everyone has an excellent day at work or whatever it is you do to spend your day. :smile:

Glad your back. Now here is the deal. You are going to get up everyday and you'll probably do lots of things for other people, Your job, your family, friends. You are forgetting someone....Hmmm, who is that...Oh Yeah, You. You have to make YOU a priority. Make your health a priority or you may not be around for long to help everyone else. It dawned on me when I was doing a program called Rev Abs. The trainer called it ME TIME and it really hit home. ME TIME!!! I take 60 -90 minutes of me time 1st thing in the morning at 5am. ME TIME...yeah, I like the sound on that.
  • bexywoza
    Options
    I hear where your coming from, i am BY FAR the laziest person i know, start with every ounce of enthusiasm ive got, however i have a short attention span with most things and if i dont get the results i think i should have i give up.

But having found this app/site i can honestly say its quickly becoming my new addiction, even little things like keeping a food diary and logging any exercise and just seeing other people on the news feed page doing well really actually kick starts you. I cant say how it works, it just does

It really doesnt feel like your on your own when theres so many people in the same position.

Im really going to try NOT to give up in a few months time and hope you stick the journey with us too!