Very low calorie intake- Flu

Options
Hello,

my calorie intake yesterday was really low like 800 cal because I have the flu and lost my appetite. MFP says that I should raise my calorie intake to at least 1200 cal but I really have trouble swallowing anything and my appetite is completely gone - which btw NEVER happens to me usually.

Anyone has any idea, or advice?

Replies

• AllieWhiteley
    Options
    Liquids are probably better - try chicken soup.
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    just got over the flu, was horrible I was under my calories as well. Try to drink alot of fluids. When you cant eat u cant eat!! Sorry no good advice.
  • christinemorgester
    Options
    I suggest not being concerned with it until you're all better! Just take in lots of clear fluids or whatever you can handle - just get yourself better before you worry about what your calorie intake is.

Take care and good luck.
  • CriosDubh
    CriosDubh Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the intake ao much when you are sick. Sometime when I get a stomach virus, I subsist on flat diet pepsi and bananas for a couple of days.

The important thing is to never intentionally restrict your calories for days on end. Your body will rebel by slowing down. As soon as you can tolerate food again, start eating. If you are holding down fluids, you can always pad your calories with tofu smoothies, peanutbutter, and things of that ilk.
  • Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thanks a lot for your posts! I won't worry about it then...
    Good luck to you all!