What is my problem?!?!

So I've posted a few topics about me falling of the wagon for 2 weeks, blaming it on my period, getting back on the wagon, etc. I need to stop making excuses!!! It was not my period, it is me losing my willpower!!!
:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
Last night me and my roommate (who is also dieting) ordered pizza for dinner. No chicken wings (born and rasied in Buffalo--pizza and wings is a HUGE thing around here :noway: ), which was a good thing, but still! It is so unhealthy! We took 2 chicken breasts out of the freezer for dinner, went to WalMart to buy a grill...they didn't have the grill I wanted, so we shopped a little, and before we knew it, it was almost 9pm...Lisa was like "I want pizza for dinner!" Now, a few weeks ago, I would've said...."No, we took out chicken already" or "Well you can get pizza, I'll have the chicken". But what did I say? "Mmmmmm pizza sounds good!" We ate it and then I felt all crappy. :mad: I need to get remotivated like I was before, because after about the 4th week is when I start slowly (and permanently) falling off the proverbial wagon. I NEED a kick in the butt!! I need a weight decrease this Monday (weigh day).

Support would be appreciated, MFPers! :love:

:heart: Rachel

Replies

• rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    So I've posted a few topics about me falling of the wagon for 2 weeks, blaming it on my period, getting back on the wagon, etc. I need to stop making excuses!!! It was not my period, it is me losing my willpower!!!
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    Last night me and my roommate (who is also dieting) ordered pizza for dinner. No chicken wings (born and rasied in Buffalo--pizza and wings is a HUGE thing around here :noway: ), which was a good thing, but still! It is so unhealthy! We took 2 chicken breasts out of the freezer for dinner, went to WalMart to buy a grill...they didn't have the grill I wanted, so we shopped a little, and before we knew it, it was almost 9pm...Lisa was like "I want pizza for dinner!" Now, a few weeks ago, I would've said...."No, we took out chicken already" or "Well you can get pizza, I'll have the chicken". But what did I say? "Mmmmmm pizza sounds good!" We ate it and then I felt all crappy. :mad: I need to get remotivated like I was before, because after about the 4th week is when I start slowly (and permanently) falling off the proverbial wagon. I NEED a kick in the butt!! I need a weight decrease this Monday (weigh day).

Support would be appreciated, MFPers! :love:

:heart: Rachel
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Don't give up!!!!!!! I know it kind of sucks when everyone around you is eating what you want (trust me, I know), but just think about how much better you'll feel once you hit goal weight!!!

You can do it. We all believe in you. Just make sure you don't fall off the face of the MFP world, because then we can't help you remotivate. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Rachel sounds to me like you need to attack this head on with a great plan.

Starting TODAY you are responsible for planning all meals, shopping, and preparing the meals. Make each dinner an event with a beautiful (small dinner plate). Seek out great low cal healthy recipes and make it your mission to prepare them expertly. Candles.crystal. a single blossom you buy for yourself at lunchtime at work...a fine cloth napkin and soothing background music you love. If you choose to make it social...you cook the food and guests can bring the fresh cut fruit. PLAN your success and make it special every night to celebrate YOU.

You can find single settings of beautiful china at garage sales. Take pics of each dish and how expertly you presented it. Look forward to each evening of fine dining.

I know you said you are busy but if you want to be successful stop FIGHTING your body's need for attention...say yes to HEALTHY INDULGENCE :drinker: :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    It happens in phases. You cant change your life style in a single night. You are taking the steps and making the realizations in the right direction. You can do this!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    It really is hard to stay motivated when you have someone else who is willing to 'eat' with you. Be lucky that both of you are dieting and can motivate each other, write this time off as a 'bad period' and get back in gear!

My husband loves chinese takeout which is HORRIBLE, but sometimes it's just so hard to say "NO" (and he can eat like a horse and never gains weight). It happens to the best of us.

So here is your kick in the butt.......and good luck :smile:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    KICK!!!!!!! :wink:

Its old and its cliche but JUST DO IT!!! you know you can do it we know you can do it and it can be done. You have come to the right place take it one day at a time.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Pizza doesn't HAVE to be unhealthy, it's not the healthiest but by no means the worst (unless you go topping crazy). My favorite pizza is "Papa Murphy's" Veggie Delite 1/2 and Hawaiian 1/2. It is soooo good. I also don't get the bloated full feeling cause I am only getting 1/2 the carbs as a regular crust has.

Also, there are TONS of options of making pizza at home. Using homemade wheat crusts, pitas, english muffins, etc. The key is what you put on top.

I can't give up pizza...but I am also learning to make healthier choices.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    It happens in phases. You cant change your life style in a single night. You are taking the steps and making the realizations in the right direction. You can do this!

Ditto!

And remember that weight loss is a journey. You're going to have bumps and bruises along the way, but if you stick to it you will get there. And even when you get to your goal you won't be done. This is a life change, right? :happy:

You're doing great. Just keep on going! :flowerforyou:

Julie
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Pizza doesn't HAVE to be unhealthy, it's not the healthiest but by no means the worst (unless you go topping crazy). My favorite pizza is "Papa Murphy's" Veggie Delite 1/2 and Hawaiian 1/2. It is soooo good. I also don't get the bloated full feeling cause I am only getting 1/2 the carbs as a regular crust has.

Also, there are TONS of options of making pizza at home. Using homemade wheat crusts, pitas, english muffins, etc. The key is what you put on top.

I can't give up pizza...but I am also learning to make healthier choices.

I just had pizza last night, actually! I ran for longer than I expected, so at 11pm, I was left with over 900 calories to eat. :sick: So I went to Jimmy John's to get a sandwich, and they had gone home early! So I went to the store to find something big to eat, and found a Kashi Garlic Chicken Pizza. I ate the whole thing! :bigsmile: You can do last-minute shopping if you haven't planned, but shop like you would if you WERE planning. Don't just buy something because it sounds tasty...buy something that fits what you need nutritionally. Unfortunately that probably doesn't include Pizza Hut, but you can find quick stuff to make that isn't awful for you. :smile:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Rach,

You either want to do this or you don't. I think it's a positive step that you recognize you've been making excuses. I encourage you to keep on plugging. Just a few things:

1. Planning helps: this includes planning your "cheat" meals. Pizza for one night will not hurt you in the long run. Pizza every other night will.

2. When you do fall off the wagon, minimize it as much as possible. Don't decide to binge simply because of a single slip. Plan to exercise a little bit more that day or the following day.

3. Don't try to impose a rules on yourself that you can't live with for the rest of your life. I checked your profile and you're young! This is a lifestyle change. You're not going to deny yourself pizza for the rest of your life and there are going to be times when you want to socialize with friends. Put together a strategy for how you'll approach it.

Good Luck, We're all with you.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    What is your problem?

Do you want to be thinner?

Do you expect to wake up and be a size eight?

Was the pizza worth it?

:explode:

Probably not ...so stop. Tomorrow is a new day. So get your rear to the gym/plan your food BEFORE YOU EAT IT/do something/make a post in the other forum about how you did well instead.

Stop sabatoging yourself unless you just don't want to spend the money on new jeans. :yawn:
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Hi Rachel. I am reading your post - #1 - stop feeling guilty what happened. You cannot change the past - so forget about it. This way you don't feel like a "failure". You can do it and you will. Pizza is great - next time have it - but in moderation. By the way - hubby is from Buffalo, too.

Cheers,

Romy
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    You lost 11 pounds - you are a winner!!!!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Go back and read your profile page. You filled it out for a reason and maybe you need to remember that reason. You are asking for help, but really it boils down to the fact that you are the only one who can help yourself. Good luck getting back on track.
  • beakstar79
    beakstar79 Posts: 23 Member
    I hear ya sister! I fell off the wagon for about a week too. Ever since the holiday weekend I have been screwing up cause I have difficutly when I am out of town and I just got back this past Sunday. (I think your post is helping me to pull myself back up) It is rough but we can do this....really we can! I needed to see your post tonite...thanks for sharing, it is good to reach out :flowerforyou:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    On these types of days, I get more anal about my measurements of food AND, I put the calories into MFP PRIOR to eating! This always helps me realize the damage before playing reactive guilt to the 6 slices of pizza I ate!
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    After you are done beating yourself up you can come over to my house and kick me in the rear as well.And then we can get back on that skinny train to weight loss wonderland and feel good again ...what do ya say are ya in????:drinker: