Shrink my waist....

Options
Hey, can anyone give some good advice on how to cinch the waist? I know how to tighten my abdominal muscles, but I am now down 17 pounds and I have lost only 4 inches on my waist....I really miss the smaller waist I had a little while ago. I have been doing Tae Bo Ab Boot Camp, and it helps but the results are kinda slow. Any other waist slimming tips out there?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    17 pounds and 4 inches is awesome progress. I think you need to be more patient, continue your boot camp, mabye switch it up with some other DVDs. Any Beachbody DVD is awesome. Kickboxing DVDs help with waist, too, as there is a lot of twisting from the waist.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    you can tighten the muscles up to a certain degree but the weight falls off were it falls off sorry
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Losing 4" from your waist with 17lb weight loss seems about right to me. The best results are the slow ones, because they really last!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Go for abdominal crunches and leg raises. Don't rush - you will get there soon. WIth all the weight and inches you are losing you are definitely on the right track. Also, muscle in the midsection are hard to develop because it entails a lot of work. But I am sure you'll get there. I usually start with 2-4 sets of 24 crunches. You may start with 2-4 sets of side crunches, then 2-4 of mid crunches (don't know the exact term they use). Then leg raises of 2-4 sets of 10 reps. I hope this helps. I "used to" go to taekwondo practice and my dad was my instructor. He'd never dismiss us unless we do this and push-ups. He said it develops strength and stamina. It was amazing. After only 2 months of it, I was as lean as can be... That was years back, hahaha! I plan to get that body back.

Good luck!!!
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go for abdominal crunches and leg raises. Don't rush - you will get there soon. WIth all the weight and inches you are losing you are definitely on the right track. Also, muscle in the midsection are hard to develop because it entails a lot of work. But I am sure you'll get there. I usually start with 2-4 sets of 24 crunches. You may start with 2-4 sets of side crunches, then 2-4 of mid crunches (don't know the exact term they use). Then leg raises of 2-4 sets of 10 reps. I hope this helps. I "used to" go to taekwondo practice and my dad was my instructor. He'd never dismiss us unless we do this and push-ups. He said it develops strength and stamina. It was amazing. After only 2 months of it, I was as lean as can be... That was years back, hahaha! I plan to get that body back.

Good luck!!!
    Thank you!
  • unckat09
    Options
    Planks!!! They are a beast . . . but they work.:wink:

I do mine after cardio/circuit training.
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My pleasure! If you go to youtube, there are lots of tutorials for the right way of doing it. Please be careful to not pull a muscle too, okay? Take care and best of luck!!! I can't wait to see your gorgeous pics. :)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    30 day shred!!!
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow, 4" with a 17lb loss. I think that is GREAT! Congratulation. Just keep at it and the inches will come off. I remember pilates working great for the abs, lengthening and toning the muscles.