Help I sprained my ankle

Options
And I can't do anything physical. I think my butt has actually molded to my chair.

My Question is: should I eat less than my 1200 if i'm really not moving at all! ??

Replies

• mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    And I can't do anything physical. I think my butt has actually molded to my chair.

My Question is: should I eat less than my 1200 if i'm really not moving at all! ??
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    No, you're good. Just don't go over it. Try doing arm exercizes, and you can get your heart rate going with exercises like arm circles.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    no you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories or your body will go into starvation mode.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    you can change your lifestyle to sedentary and MFP will change your caloric intake for you.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Can you do crunchies? You can prop your feet up on the couch.

OOh! Or you can walk around all day on your hands in a headstand! :wink: That woudl be a great workout!

Really though - if you have to cut to little or no exercise for a while to let your body heal - if you just stick to the 1200 calories you will lose a little (less than if you add exercise) because you are still under your resting calories (as long as your lifestyle is not listed as active to get that 1200 count!) but more importantly will not gain while you are down - just don't let the boredom munchies get you!!!

When you get back to exercising you will have to let us know if it does a kickstart on your metabolism after being sedentary so long... you may see a quick drop when you get back to and start re-building that muscle it like people do when they first start exercising?

Oh - also - work on toning your muscles while you are down to help keep that muscle mass! ie - just flex your leg muscles and hold them for reps. Tetonic (sp?) exercise is still exercise!!
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    Great adivce all. I'll try the arm circles, and abs stuff. maybe some pilates. I'll definitely let you know how it goes when I start back up again with cardio. I know I've been working out hard core for a long time, so my metabolism could use a cool down and kick start.
    Thanks.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    im working with a sprained ankle as well, and pilates is ok but i get so frustrated on zumba days because i cant do my full potential!