What is your choice from breakfast at work?

Options
* So I just realized my title makes NO sense!! It was supposed to say "What is your choice FOR breakfast at work?" OOPS! :tongue:

I typically don't have to be at work until around 11am, but on the days I need to be here at 8 I always try and bring breakfast with me.

What is your go-to breakfast when you're "on the go" or need something easy to put together at work?

Mine...?

1/4 c dry whole grain quick oats (put in a bowl w/ a dash of cinnamon & 1/2 t of sugar or truvia)
3 strawberries (sliced & put in a ziploc)
a handful of blueberries (about 20)

I just add water when I get to work and microwave it - then add my fruit! Delicious!

Oh, and can't forget a cup of coffee to help WAKE UP!

So guys, let's hear what you enjoy! :smile:

~ Whitney ~

Replies

• gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Well, Whitney, yours sounds delicious.

Mine is perhaps a little less wonderful, but it fulfills my requirements that I have to be able to put it together and eat it lightning-fast usually (before I dash off to teach a class).

I keep a box of a healthy cereal in my office. Mix 1/2 c cereal with 1 container healthy yogurt. That's it.

I typically have my two daily servings of fresh fruit as snacks--one during the day and one in the evening.

Thanks for starting this topic!

Coni
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have a 40 min commute so I exercise for an hour get ready in 20-30 min and then drive for 40 min. I have to eat at home all the time. However There are rare occasions that I don't get to exercise and I'm running late and for those instances I have some emergency instant oatmeal packets and I always keep Some dried and fresh fruit at work all the time. Oranges apples and dried cherries at this exact moment.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a must. Usually need a 2nd or 3rd cup. With no cream or sugar, its not bad.

I have an assortment of granola bars, yogurt, fruit cups, and different fruit I bring in.

My secret weapon is Wegman's Fiber essentials. I keep a 1/2 cup bowl at my desk, and I'll eat it dry. Its very filling and will keep the hunger edge off if needed, and its only 50 calories. Its the little "sticks" cereal, I think there is a name brand that is 60 calories a serving, but I don't recall what it is.
    So I try to keep it between 100 - 300 calories for breakfast.
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I like the Weight Watchers Smart Ones English Muffin sandwiches. They run about 210 cal, taste good, and are ready to eat in about 2 min!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Mine is either a Fiber One muffin and 100 calorie pack nuts or Oatmeal with Turkey sausage.....love them both!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my breakfast in the car on the way to work, since I have a pretty good drive. But here is mine:

2 Turkey Sausage Patties
    2 Hard Boiled Egg Whites
    1 Small Banana

Somteimes I will add a cheese stick or Oatmeal to the mix replacing something else. But almost always I eat in the car.. then about 1.25 hours after I get to work I have break (mandated) and have an apple or orange, and about 1.5 hours after that I snack on Almonds @ my desk.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy so I just grab a bottle of Boost for breakfast. It keeps me satisfied til lunch...then I grab another Boost.
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You guys are giving me great ideas so that I can switch it up each week! It's always great to hear what others take with them for a healthy start to their day!

You guys are awesome!
  • meredith414
    Options
    I usually have nonfat greek yogurt with fruit or half of a sprouted wheat bagel with fat free cream cheese
  • beckijtn
    Options
    I used to do granola bars but the calories are kinda high and they don't really satisfy. I've switched to instant oatmeal. I especially like the ones with fruits or nuts or both :)
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    This week I've been having grapefruit and an English muffin with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • havingfun518
    havingfun518 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE steel cut oatmeal. Before bed I fill a thermos with boiling water, cap it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then I empty it and fill it with 1/4 cup uncooked steel cut oatmeal and 1 cup boiling water and a teaspoonful of brown sugar. Cap it. It is hot and ready to eat when I get to work in the morning.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    the only thing I like about work is that I can eat right...lol I have three choices a apple, orange and banana :) sometimes its leftover oatmeal from Sunday..yum I heat up some bananas with a spoonful of brown sugar and a handful of peanuts then mix with the the oatmeal that has some sweet and low and maple flavoring in it
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    * So I just realized my title makes NO sense!! It was supposed to say "What is your choice FOR breakfast at work?" OOPS! :tongue:

I typically don't have to be at work until around 11am, but on the days I need to be here at 8 I always try and bring breakfast with me.

What is your go-to breakfast when you're "on the go" or need something easy to put together at work?

Mine...?

1/4 c dry whole grain quick oats (put in a bowl w/ a dash of cinnamon & 1/2 t of sugar or truvia)
    3 strawberries (sliced & put in a ziploc)
    a handful of blueberries (about 20)

I just add water when I get to work and microwave it - then add my fruit! Delicious!

Oh, and can't forget a cup of coffee to help WAKE UP!

So guys, let's hear what you enjoy! :smile:

~ Whitney ~

do you add truvia or anything? it sounds like it would taste kinda bland lol
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i'm a freaking idiot. it says truvia right there...lol