A quick hello - newbie!

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Faye. My friend Sarah showed me this site on her mobile lastnight and I thought it would be a good idea to use the calorie counting support etc to track my own (hopeful) weight loss!

A little background:
In 2004 I decided to lose weight after being horrified at reaching just over 15 Stone (see photo from around that time - if it works).
Image087.jpg

The doctor had told me I was at serious risk and I was also finding it hard to step outside the door without suffering a panic attack over the way I felt and how I thought I was being viewed. Over that year and into 2005 I dramatically lost over 5 stone, then a little more slowly, getting to my minimum weight of about 9 stone (again, see image)
03112007003.jpg

I maintained that weight for a while but I have started to put on weight slowly since about 2008. I am now at just under 11 stone and I really want to knock that back off and actually go lower or at least tone up my body, where I hadn't before.

At the moment I look like this:
doc_001.jpg

It is my goal to get back to the weight I was a few years ago and perhaps even beyond that! (Sorry the photos needed resizing but you get the idea!)

Replies

• sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yay :) ! Good on you Faye! Even though I know you have done this all before (with great results), but good luck anyway xxxx
  • Suzy_Q1408
    Options
    Welcome, I'm a week into my fitness pal and just have to say it's been the best motivator for me - for one, you can link it up to your facebook and twitter so whenever you enter anything it posts it to your accounts (if you want it to) - talk about motivation for not going over your cal intake, gaining pounds and tracking your exercises! best of luck on your goals!
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good on you Faye!! Back in 2005, I decided to lose weight after also reaching 15st, and finding a size 18 was too tight!! :cry: So, I joint a gym and started eating healthier and managed to lose 4.5st from July 2005 to September 2008. In July 08 I got with my now husband, and by December 09 I'd gained a stone and a bit. Between December 10 and May 10 I lost a stone and a half for our wedding. I then came off the pill as we are trying for a baby, and since the wedding to now I've gained 2 stone!! :embarassed: I think it's a mix of relaxing after the wedding and coming off the pill that has accumalated to the huge gain but I am now determined to lose the weight. I've managed to lose 3lbs so far in the past 2 weeks, and would love to lose a stone by Valentines Day, so another 11lbs in 4 weeks. I'm eating much healthier, and I'm now walking to work every morning and walking home every evening, which is 3 miles a day. Tonight I am going to zumba and this is my first time back at the gym in months so I know it's gonna be hard, but I'm determined!! This site is fab, and I find myself going on it many times throughout the day to check what I've had and what I'm allowed!! x
  • SalsaFaye1983
    Options
    Hey guys - thought i'd try resizing the photos to see if they would come out any better:

Image087-1-1.jpg

Trying a different 'after' photo:

untitled2.jpg

This place is crazy, lol. I have logged on and off so many times already. I barely looked at Facebook yesterday. Definately a good motivator - combined with EA Sports Active 2 on the Wii and forthcoming salsa weekenders, I should hopefully make a good go of getting some weight off! I so hope....... xxxx
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi Faye! Welcome to the site. I'm sending you a friend request. You can do this!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome!! Way to go. I hope that you like it here as much as I do. It will become addictive. I wish you the best on your hourney! Could you please tell me how much weight a stone is? Thanks!
  • SalsaFaye1983
    Options
    A stone is 14lbs (pounds) or around 6.35kg (kilogrammes)