Hi, I started 11 days ago

JanisPauline
JanisPauline Posts: 11
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I have lost 8 pounds since I started on January 8. I love the ease of tracking my foods and printing out daily reports.

I use a diet high in good fats (monounsaturated), low in carbs - high fiber non-starchy vegetables primarily, and moderate in protein (about 3oz. per main meal, or 1oz. per snack). For the beginning phase of my diet I am eating primarily turkey or chicken (breast meat only), and fish of various varieties. I am avoiding all grains, sugar, fruit - except olives and avocados, and all starches. I drink about 32 oz. of water with the juice of half a lemon daily plus 1 or two cups of home brewed coffee (half decaf) and sometimes one cup of tea of my choice. I use olive oil for salad dressings and grapeseed oil or clarified butter for cooking.

Eating sugar in moderation does NOT work for me. I struggle from Thanksgiving through Christmas. After 11 days on this plan I feel comfortable, never humgry, calm, and experience no craving for sweets. I love eating this way and easily lose weight as long as I pay attention to portions and calories too. It takes me about a week when first starting to feel better and get more energy.
This discussion has been closed.