I know its been asked before please help P90x

Options
HI all i know im proberly repeating what some one else has asked but please bare with me, i am from the UK and have seen alot of you using the P90x program which i am interested in could any one explain how the program works i can get the dvds but could you explain if the workout is an every day thing or so on as i noticed alot saying they was into day 9 or phase 1 or 2 any information would be helpful

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Basically you have a scheduled workout everyday for 90 days with 3 phases which mean slightly different workouts in each phase. On the schedule you do a strength training workout, plyometrics, strength training, yoga, strength training, kenpo and then stretch or rest the last day. Repeat for 3 weeks then a rest week where you do core synergists, yoga, kenpo and stretching and then move on to the next phase with a few new workouts. You take pics and do measurements at day 1, 28, 56 and 90. It's a great program! I'm on day 30 now so just at the beginning of phase 2. All the workouts are about an hour and sometimes more so it is a time commitment. Good luck if you decide to dive in!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is a 6 day a week program with an optional 7th day (stretching)
    The program is broken into weeks with
    weeks 1-3 being the same
    week 4 recovery week (less intense exercise, still 6 days though)
    weeks 4-6 same as each other but changed up from weeks 1-3
    week 7 recovery same as week 4
    Weeks8 and 10 are the same as weeks 1-3
    weeks 9 and 11 are the save as weeks 4-6
    week 12 is recovery same as week 4
  • chadjensen
    Options
    P90x is an everyday workout. Each day is a different body part or different type of workout. The idea is muscle confusion, it doesn't let your muscles get used to the type and duration of the movements. This makes them work harder. There are several different ways that you can approach P90x. The classic program is the one that I have experienced. It is broken down into phases which are 4 weeks long, so there are 3 phases in the 90 day program. The first 3 weeks in each phase are repeats of each other while the 4th week is a little lighter. It is an amazing program and has helped me shed some pounds. Many people get freaked out about the intensity. Don't! You can modify many of the moves to match your level, which also allows you to build up to higher levels. I recommend it.
  • etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I did P90X a couple of years ago and made it to day 78 of 90. The only reason I quit is because of a herniated disc (not caused by P90X) and I eventually needed surgery. That aside, I LOVED the program. I didn't lose a lot of weight but I toned up quite a bit and I felt fantastic! But beware...it's HARD!! They suggest that you be in decent shape before you start the program, so if you're not in great shape, you should do something else first. Just keep in mind when you do it that you won't be able to do everything that they do on the video. Just try your best and you'll still get a great workout!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What they all said and I def recommend it as well! I didnt buy the whole program so Im doing my own thing with regard to nutrition basically trying to eat clean. I would recommend if you want to see the best results possible to also follow the diet, at least the first time around:) good luck!
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses sounds good think im going to take a look and see what i can do i appreciate all your answers thank you

:-)