Eat Your Calories! It works. 9 pounds down since the start.

drmario09
drmario09 Posts: 9 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Down 9 pounds in 4 weeks! I've been full all the time. I do a lot of cardio and resistance training and I make sure to eat every calorie given to me by MFP and the weight is coming off!!

I have 40 more pounds to shed. (Note: make sure to adjust your goals everytime you lose weight, so that you can be given a new calorie goal).

This 'eating your calories' was hard to understand at first, as it appears so counter-intuitive to "DIETS", but this really works. I am eating all day long (nutrious foods) and FULL.

Anyways, I just wanted to encourage you if you are gaining weight your 2nd week. This can happen~ since your body is getting used to what it really needs to maintain BMR. After your body makes adjustment, and you continue eating exercise calories as well, the stored stuff will be released.

Just be gracious to yourself and PATIENT. Keep going strong. Don't Quit.

Replies

• Hi there, thanks for this, I didn't know u had to use up all your calories. Am finding it had to use up my calories each day. Great to hear you've lost good weight so far, could I check how Many hrs a day of cardio you do a day and what type of exercise is it? Thanks.
  • drmario09
    drmario09 Posts: 9 Member
    I do 1.5 hours of cardio a day. 30 minutes before work, 20 walk during lunch, then walk the dog when I get home.
This discussion has been closed.