Hi all - looking for friends and LC food tips?

Options
This is day three for me!! I love the site and need some ideas for food!! Bars, shakes anything that works for you!!
Thanks!!

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    grab the hungry girl cookbook! they sell it on amazon. You will be amazed at all the good yummy stuff she makes that are low calorie!~~

Me personaly I eat alot of soup, veggies, fruit and yogurt. I also do my sanwhiches using the FLATOUT bread with tuna or eggsalad.
  • Marymary2
    Options
    I'm new too! What's FLATOUT bread? Is that less calories than orowheat sandwich thins?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Are you following a certain Low Carb diet? The best and easiest one to adopt is the Sugar Busters. It's a lot more leniet than Atkins. I've done both.

Shannon
  • jcsalsa
    jcsalsa Posts: 25
    Options
    I would stay away from anything with aspartame in it. Which most low fat foods have it. Look it up on the internet and learn all the side effects it can do to you. Try Stevia, xylitol or Blue Agave is what I have been told to use.
  • carriea81
    Options
    Hey guys! I eat "clean" and highly recommend you go down that path... it's more of a lifestyle than a diet and is the most effective way I've lost weight in the last year. It gets you far away from processed food and focuses on fresh and frozen ingredients and cooking and preparing food rather than things that are heavily processed.
    Tosca Reno is a great resource and her eat clean website - www.eatcleandiet.com
    She has great books too. Basically, you are eating every 2 -3 hours and protein and complex carbs at each meal... you can eat a lot of food and you never feel hungry... plus your body is getting really wholesome and nutritious food. :-) Let me know if you have questions. I love it and it's delicous way to live too.
  • BlueIrish2
    Options
    Hey guys! I eat "clean" and highly recommend you go down that path... it's more of a lifestyle than a diet and is the most effective way I've lost weight in the last year. It gets you far away from processed food and focuses on fresh and frozen ingredients and cooking and preparing food rather than things that are heavily processed.
    Tosca Reno is a great resource and her eat clean website - www.eatcleandiet.com
    She has great books too. Basically, you are eating every 2 -3 hours and protein and complex carbs at each meal... you can eat a lot of food and you never feel hungry... plus your body is getting really wholesome and nutritious food. :-) Let me know if you have questions. I love it and it's delicous way to live too.

Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • BlueIrish2
    Options
    grab the hungry girl cookbook! they sell it on amazon. You will be amazed at all the good yummy stuff she makes that are low calorie!~~

Me personaly I eat alot of soup, veggies, fruit and yogurt. I also do my sanwhiches using the FLATOUT bread with tuna or eggsalad.

This is just what I was looking for, thanks. It is the first time I am not following a specific diet. Just trying to stay under 1200 and balanced.
  • BlueIrish2
    Options
    Are you following a certain Low Carb diet? The best and easiest one to adopt is the Sugar Busters. It's a lot more leniet than Atkins. I've done both.

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I have done both before and have to say you can get amazing results. But, as soon as I eat sugar again it comes back fast. It would be easy to say I will just never eat sugar again. lol But that probably is not realistic for me.

Thanks,
    Nancy
  • BlueIrish2
    Options
    I would stay away from anything with aspartame in it. Which most low fat foods have it. Look it up on the internet and learn all the side effects it can do to you. Try Stevia, xylitol or Blue Agave is what I have been told to use.

My husband and I were just talking about this, we eat sweet n low in our coffee. Guess I should get rid of that, huh?
    Thanks for the tips!
  • BlueIrish2
    Options
    I'm new too! What's FLATOUT bread? Is that less calories than orowheat sandwich thins?

Not sure?
  • jcsalsa
    Options
    Yes just look up all those things and educate yourself. I found out the hard way of having a lot of really bad headaches from them. But their is a whole list of issues that they can cause.

Hey how did you add the quotes in to your response?
  • jcsalsa
    Options

They are like Pita bread but called FLATOUT. They are very good. You can also try Sandwich thins by Arnold Select which are really good also.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to adopt this as a lifestyle change... meaning permanently. If that's the case, Sugar Busters is way easier to maintain for long periods of time. And if you cheat once in a while, it's okay. I think the Sugar Buster's is basically what fitness magazines keep telling us to do: eat less processed foods, go for whole wheat and natural sugars, but use moderation.

Shannon
  • BlueIrish2
    Options
    Yes just look up all those things and educate yourself. I found out the hard way of having a lot of really bad headaches from them. But their is a whole list of issues that they can cause.

Hey how did you add the quotes in to your response?

I just typed it in above the ticker when I added it to signiture.