Low carb "hybrid" style

Options
Hi all,
I have considered myself a low-carber since this just past summer. I have experimented with several methods of going low-carb such as Atkins and the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (CAD) until I discovered that a blend of several styles seems to work best for me. I am a pescetarian (the only meat I eat is seafood) and Atkins was too restrictive. The CAD seemed to be the best option for me because it allows a "reward meal" everyday that makes this way of eating EASY! As a yoga teacher, I also try to take an Ayurvedic approach to eating as well (because a stressed body is an unhappy body!) so I sip on hot/warm water all day to encourage digestion/detox. Contrary to the current trends, I ONLY eat three meals a day without any snacking. The CAD as well as Ayurveda both look down on snacking between meals as it slows the body's ability to digest and can (and for me ALWAYS) provoke triggers that lead to binge eating. Interestingly enough, I find that I am more satisfied with the three meals a days rather than a grazing approach.
I am excited to finally start to feel at ease in my body, and I am finally beginning to accept that these last few unwanted pounds are and will be gone for good!

Replies