Changing Daily Calorie Goal

PRCatie
PRCatie Posts: 15 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Just wondering as you continue to loose weight should you go in and change your information so that your daily calories are less? I am trying to stay under the recommended calories for the day because mine is set at 1520 which seems high. I am fairly new to this and have only been doing for 3 weeks so I would love any feedback or advise you can share! Thanks!

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    MFP will ask you if you want to change your goals after you lose ten pounds and every ten pounds you lose after that.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    MFP will lower them for you every 10 lbs. But to be MOST accurate you may wanna go in and change them yourself after every 5 lbs lost.
  • amr_227
    amr_227 Posts: 23
    I just started this and I am at 1520 calories. Still trying to adjust my eating more and learn what choices to make when picking my meals. I was wondering also about the calories changing as one looses weight. Glad you posted this! And good luck!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    I go in and change it every week after I weigh in. I want to maximize the weight loss and I feel staying up on the calorie requirements will help me do just that.
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    How do you change your calories? Do you add some one time and them remove them the next? Is this so you don't go into starvation mode?
This discussion has been closed.