Hi from UK

Options
Hi All,

Found this tool on my iPod for free and thought i'd give it a go, seems very comprehensive and easy to use.

A little info about me.

I'm 28 and I used to be very fit and healthy and while that in itself doesn't seem out of the ordinary until you know that i was born with a congenital heart defect (tetrollogy of Fallot for anyone thats in the know with such things) Whilst my first operation when i was a child was an immense success and i lived a fine life until about a year ago when during a routine checkup it was discovered that my Pulmonary valve was already showing moderate to severe problems. I'd always known that this would be the case and that in the future i would need a replacement, I'd suspected as much as for the previous 2 years i'd had a couple of "episodes" of feeling lightheaded and faint, although nothing had shown up upon examination (until i had an MRI done). As a result over the last couple of years my tolerance to exercise had become diminished and over the last 6 months has meant almost no capacity for exercise at all.

Last week I had my second round of Major Cardio-Thoracic surgery and had things replaced and repaired. The support nurses and surgeons (as is to be expected) said i needed to loose weight (preaching to the choir there lol) but in addition to me looking forward to returning to exercise they suggested i keep a diary of my foods and calories to help fine tune things, especially in the early stages when I'm still recovering, which is how I have ended up here.

So there you have my story in a nutshell, I'm hoping to share my journey with you, get support and support others.

Si