Roller Derby!

KrushGroove103
KrushGroove103 Posts: 14 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
Are there any other roller girls (or guys!) on here?

I skate for the Southern Illinois Roller Girls in Marion, Illinois. I've been using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone for just a couple of weeks and I'm already noticing an improvement in my endurance! Awesome! My goal is to lose 40lbs by RollerCon! I'm hoping this will help me reach my goal. So far, so good!

A couple of my team mates are on here and stepping up their game as well!

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    bump

admittedly not a derby girl, but LOVE quad roller skating, would love to keep track of this thread.
  • I'm one of Krush's team mates and I really do feel like I skate better when I fuel my body properly! (This week has been rough but being able to have team mates who will beat the extra calories out of me is FANTASTIC!! :) )
  • feetypajamas
    feetypajamas Posts: 104 Member
    Oooooooooooh I would love to get into it, but there aren't any opportunities around here.

And I'm about 3hrs north of Marion. :D
  • moshie
    moshie Posts: 5 Member
    We have a bunch of Burning River Roller Girls giving MFP a go. So far we like it. We're all trying to balance out our diet with derby, which is tough.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    I'm not a derby girl, but I have friends who are! They inspired me to purchase quad skates and get my roller rink open skate on!

Queen City Roller Girls here in Buffalo, NY are AWESOME! GO DEVIL DOLLIES!!!!!!!!!

Charmagne
  • OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    I'm on the Burning River Roller Girls with Moshie :)
  • ksmb1465
    ksmb1465 Posts: 4 Member
    I am a Retired Derby Girl (due to injuries) ISkated for Broward county now GoldCoast in SO Flo and now I am a Ref for OKVD in Oklahoma. Glad to know there are some Derby peeps in the house.
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    I am going to be! In the middle of moving to a new town, but once I am settled I am so ready to kick some butt! :)
  • RockNRollWeekender
    RockNRollWeekender Posts: 44 Member
    Man, how did I JUST find this? I've been looking for roller derby peeps on here forever!!!

I'm one of the skaters for Glass City Rollers (Toledo, OH).

Derby peeps feel free to friend me. I need to start using this more. :]

-Hussy Lyn Hipshot
  • I skate for the Skyland Roller Girls in Hackettstown New Jersey! I used to be with the Psycho 78's Renegade roller derby team in wharton also.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    :love: can I just lurker.gif ?? I'm a fan here in Seattle.
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    I'm a total fan! Always thought it was the coolest but what was the first thing i did when I got in a pair of skates? Break my leg in three places! :noway:
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    My sister is doing roller derby here in Houston and I've been to 2 of her practices and im liking it and im thinking about joining, so I was looking to see if there were any girls here on MFP.
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    I skated for the now defunct Chitown Sirens for a short while before moving to California. And then I skated for San Diego Roller Derby for about 2 years (since the beginning) before I took a hiatus to weed through and adjust some of life's obstacles and drama. But after being gone for a little over a year, I made a conscience decision just last night to go back.

I know I have a fellow SDRD skater on MFP somewhere. :)
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    I'm a Derby Girl!! I'm currently on a leave for some schooling (How I wish there were more hours in the day!!) but will be going back for our next season. I'm with Mississippi Valley Mayem in LaCrosse WI.......derby is my FAVORITE form of exercise!
  • DinahD144
    DinahD144 Posts: 13 Member
    I, too, am a derby girl! I'm with the Mclean Co MissFits in Bloomington, IL. It's for sure a GREAT BURN!!
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    I'm not a participant, but I go to a ton of local bouts and fall in love with every girl on skates I meet... lol.
  • Charlotte Roller Girls here! Still trying to pass Assessments but I won't quit trying until I make it! :)
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Bump!

Fresh meat rollergirl here with Undead Bettys in Antioch, CA!

LOVE THE BURN!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    I was!! Kinda! Joined a league and then found out I had to move a few practices in. Both of my best friends still skate on the team so I get to live vicariously through their bad-assness when I go home. Would love to do it again some day!
This discussion has been closed.