Who Eats Clean??

Options
Meaning no processed meats, no canned goods & such.

I want to view your dairy for some ideas :bigsmile: I'm finding it a little hard to get all my calories in.

Replies

• alyssa83202
    Options
    I don't, sorry, but I am interested in seeing the diaries of people that do too!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't but that sounds really interesting. I shall research it further : )
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i eat clean for the most part :-) I'm also a vegetarian and cook at home at least 5 days a week
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    I eat pretty clean for the most part...not 100% though...If I had more time I would ... Feel free to check out my diary!
  • soyjoy
    soyjoy Posts: 12
    Options
    I try to as much as I can, although last night I was in a hurry and used some canned veggies. I have the same struggle getting my calories because I don't eat processed. If you want to look at my diary,feel free.. but I ate really bad over last weekend :0)
  • melanienj
    Options
    I just started "clean eating"...with the exception of my salad dressing (not sure if its considered processed but its all natural ingredients and organic). I must say it is challenging, but I am not having trouble at all with my calories as I went over yesterday (walnuts!)
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    There is a clean eating magazine and they have recipes on their website otherwise the magazines themselves are good.

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/
    http://cleaneatingclub.com/

I try eating as clean as possible, but my diary doesn't reflect to much of that lately. Sorry.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i eat nothing but organic and natural food. once you start eating these foods, anything thats processed or has artificial anything in it just taste gross, at least to me. go ahead and check out my diary. and when people say its more expensive, it really isnt. if you buy the grocery store brand, i buy whole foods personally. it is just about the same price. the fruit and veggies also taste better, and you can get a lot of it frozen, which for the most part is the same price as well. feel free to friend me.
  • soyjoy
    soyjoy Posts: 12
    Options
    a lot of the diary entries where there are processed foods is when I ate at family get- togethers
  • ymbarber
    ymbarber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do ... you need to check out hese websites

oxygenmag.com
    eatcleandiet.com (kitchen table with message board, success stories etc.)
    cleaneatingmag.com

Also, check out Tosca Reno ... author of the Eat Clean Diet series ... and also a success story. There is a lot of info on these sites about clean eating ... and the magazines and cookbooks offer great recipes and meal plans.

Enjoy!!!
  • cami78
    cami78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am not a 100% clean eater but I try to stay as much as I can within my calorie goal. Feel free to check my diary :)
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    Great topic.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat clean more than 80% of the time. You're welcome to add me as a friend to view my diary. I cook a lot, but I guess we can't yet share our recipes (unless there is a way you guys know!). I also follow mostly Paleo which is gluten-free, some dairy, and no grains.
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am for the most part. Since I've been back on the 'wagon', I'm sure to cook about 90% of what I eat. I made chili this past week and used canned beans, but other than that it was all fresh. The fresher the better though. I don't feel sluggish or overly full after i eat this way, and i know it's something i can maintain for the long term! Tosca Reno's books are really good too.
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I eat clean most of the time! My diary can view for my friends, so if you want add me!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am working on it! I am a pretty clean eater but I do eat some high quality processed foods ie: Greek yogurt and I had Boar's Head lunch meat the other day. My diary is open to friends if you want to add me.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I do ... you need to check out hese websites

oxygenmag.com
    eatcleandiet.com (kitchen table with message board, success stories etc.)
    cleaneatingmag.com

Also, check out Tosca Reno ... author of the Eat Clean Diet series ... and also a success story. There is a lot of info on these sites about clean eating ... and the magazines and cookbooks offer great recipes and meal plans.

Enjoy!!!

Amen! Oxygen is my FAVORITE fitness magazine and the ONLY one that I haven't seen run "trendy" info on how to get into shape. Good tips for both fitness and nutrition for sure.

I try to eat Clean ... probably successful about 85% of the time. Friends can view my daily food diary. :)
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I take my hat off to you because I'm sure it can be tough until you get your routine down. Only think I can say is just to make sure you're taking a multivitamin and balance your diet so not to have any nutritional deficiencies.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I take my hat off to you because I'm sure it can be tough until you get your routine down. Only think I can say is just to make sure you're taking a multivitamin and balance your diet so not to have any nutritional deficiencies.

I'm taking a multi-vitamin and calcium and just had my blood work done on Monday so I'm waiting for my results. I'm becoming so health conscious now. Watching Dr. Oz & The Doctors have done it to me :bigsmile:

Thank you to everyone that replied!! I've added new friends and I'm checking out the food diaries!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

If you are eating wholesome clean foods you are LESS likely to have deficiencies as long as you have a well balance diet, yes. :-D. Plus well balance can come from variety- which can prevent boredom ;)
    I eat MOSTLY clean... yes for time's sake we will use low sodium canned beans but most of what we eat is homemade (even our pizza crust and some breads) and is without preservatives. I focus on the, if you can't pronounce it, leave it on the shelf. ;) Or, if it comes from the ground or has a mother... you can eat it. Of course, we eat all natural uncooked tortillas and things like that but all of the ingredients come from the ground at some point. ;) Eating clean takes work and I am aware that I am not perfect but we do what we can. Having a variety of gadgets helps me... a food dehydrator, blender, juicer, crock pot, kitchen aid. There are many options for things out there. I just find the playing and making is more fun when it isn't the same thing over and over. ;)

I also, somedays, have a hard time eating ALL 1500 calories... Some times I am just stuffed because it was so wholesome. But this is when i start adding in more raw almonds and fresh yogurt... things like that. I have a wide variety to my food pallet and enjoy lots of different things. We try new recipes on a regular basis and this helps me from getting bored. :-D
    Right now I am doing A LOT of juicing of veggies and fruit for my post workout drinks. LOTS of nutrients and it helps with a calories a little. I think eating well is important and it took me a long time to really realize how important it was and how easy it gets after making these things a habit and part of my life. Props to you for your efforts! If you would like we can be friends.... my diary requires a password... but I will give it to you if you are interested. :) I LOVE sharing recipes and getting ideas from other diaries as well. Best of luck!