Who is single and why do you think you’re single?

Options
HWT2003
HWT2003 Posts: 45 Member
:cry:

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ummm... not really sure how to respond to this. I'm not sure if this is out of frustration of how we look (perhaps being overweight) or just a general frustration about men not wanting us. After 30 years of having never been in a relationship (though I tried match.com, eharmony.com, set-ups, blind dates, dates with friends, etc.), I finally bumped into someone I was entirely compatible with. So perhaps... just haven't met the right one yet?
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I don't know what to call myself lol......i'm married going through a divorce, so technically i'm not single but hate saying i'm married ugh. I havn't been with my husband for years. I am just finally doing the legal thing. sooooooo I am single (sorta) by choice. I was dating but suddenly my spirit convicted me and I broke things off with the guy I was dating because my conscious desires that I be legally divorced before I move forward with my life. It's the GOD in me you could say.
  • ErinLauren
    ErinLauren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Because I was not open to bringing someone else into my life when it was full of caos and uncertainty. You have to learn to love yourself and treat yourself the way you would want others to treat you long before you will ever attract the right someone to you. I wont be single long.... that much I know now.
  • LaurenRose2011
    Options
    I am single, and I am single because I have spent life focused on my education. I will remain single because I still have a lot more schooling to get through before I reach my goal. ;) I am a perfectionist when it comes to my education, and I am only just becoming a perfectionist when it comes to my body. lol I just never really found it possible to multitask before, but now I am doing my best to do that.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm single now after 15 years because my ex was a cheater and I am still single (2 yrs post divorce) because I am too busy with my children and improving myself to need a man in my life. If it is meant to be the right man will come into my life at some point.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm offically single because I love dating! I love going out, having fun and meeting new men. I'm in no hurry to settle down with one man!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I have been single for the last 5 years. I am single because I do not feel like anything is missing. I have my kids, my work, my buisness, my friends and my fitness. If I meet someone that I feel great with, it's great but if I don't, it's ok too. I am not defined by the fact that I have or do not have a significant other. I am not less lovable, less complet and my life less significant if I am single.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    This guy. I have no idea why I'm single.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I want to be. I date and have alot of fun. No one seems worthy to commit to. I've been cheated on, lied to and stolen from so I want to make sure it is right. In the mean time, I'm having alot of fun with all the wrong ones :drinker:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I am! I've spent equal time in relationships and out of them. It's like frickin' FEAST OR FAMINE all the time. I've been hurt like everyone else and I pull back from the dating scene as soon as I'm hurt. Most of the time I revel in being a single, independent woman because relationships are so time and energy consuming.

Of course, I've used the excuse "I choose the wrong men...or they choose me"...always forgetting to choose MYSELF first. Being single isn't so bad!

I think single people have to remember you're not really looking for anyone to "complete you". You're looking for someone to ENHANCE you. Here's to YOU, single people! I hope you find what you're looking for and I hope you find yourself somewhere along the road! :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Because I was not open to bringing someone else into my life when it was full of caos and uncertainty. You have to learn to love yourself and treat yourself the way you would want others to treat you long before you will ever attract the right someone to you. I wont be single long.... that much I know now.

Single currently by choice for the very reasons above (well put BTW), I figure why on earth would I want to get involved with someone when I'm not as confident in myself as I'd like to be, I certainly don't want to project that out to others and end up with someone fulls of their own self issues.

I think for myself I see it as very important to truly care about yourself, love yourself fully and feel in a good place before you put yourself out there. Because hey really do I want someone that's a total mess brought into my life right now? NO WAY:noway: :laugh:

I go out have fun with my gf's and my gf's but I'm not interested in serious commitment for now. Frankly I enjoy the freedom of being single and to be able to date and hang out with friends on my time and not have to worry about someone getting upset about it.

I hear far to many stories on here of unhappy marriages/relationships and the sabotage that goes on and the cruelness... it's a very very good deterrent to keep me staying out of a serious relationship.:wink::tongue:

Plus I was married in my 20's/30's and it sure not all it's cracked up to be, it's a lot of work and if both ppl aren't committed to making it work, really what's the point. I don't need the craziness ...I think I've learned this as I've matured.:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I have a clue:laugh: :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I have been single for the last 5 years. I am single because I do not feel like anything is missing. I have my kids, my work, my buisness, my friends and my fitness. If I meet someone that I feel great with, it's great but if I don't, it's ok too. I am not defined by the fact that I have or do not have a significant other. I am not less lovable, less complet and my life less significant if I am single.
    Love this response, what great truths!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm single and very much okay with it. I figure if God wants me to have another husband, He'll send me the right man for me.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I want to save some poor *kitten* from a lifetime of misery. :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I want to save some poor *kitten* from a lifetime of misery. :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's a good reason.
  • MsSunshine2011
    Options
    Just got into a relationship (sort of) last week. Don't think it's gonna last. I have commitment issues. I freak out once the relationship gets too serious, I don't know why I do that but I just do... Also I don't really enjoy the company of people (I like people, just not very much), too much emotions, too many social etiquette that I simply don't get ... it's confusing. Just the other day a co-worker accuses me of never asking her to lunch, but she ask me to lunch everyday, why do I have to ask, it never occurred to me that that's an issue until she brought it up. I try ... sometimes it's so tiring. But I am trying.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have a clue:laugh: :laugh:
    What might that be?
  • esteemacalm
    Options
    I'm single for a couple of reasons. One, I feel that the powers that be are preventing me from getting with someone because they know that I am not ready. I have recently tried to hook up with a couple of people (because I'm lonely), but those people did not respond back to me in kind. Being honest about the situation, I realize that I am not ready to be in a relationship with someone else; the relationship that I am having with myself needs attention FIRST, then I can move on to being in a relationship with someone else.

My second reason is that I don't want to settle. There are people who I recently tried to get into a relationship with that have not responded to ME, but on the other hand, there are people who try to get into a relationship with me and I have not responded to THEM. In the past, I have settled...if-you-can't-be-with-the-one-you-love, love-the-one-you're-with type of thing. I had to learn the hard way that-that does not work out. In the past I had the tendency to be with someone just because they acted like they liked me, not because I actually liked THEM. These days I really want to be wise and wait for the right person.
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    I think a lot of people have hit the nail on the head saying that you have to love yourself first. If youre not in a good place in your life and with yourself then its just really not conducive to a relationship. Be at peace with yourself and who you are-and quit looking for someone-and you'll find the right person!