Eating Disorder struggles

Options
Does anyone have a past history with an eating disorder? I do but have been healthy for going on 4.5 years now. However, I have recently gotten to a weight that I really feel is too high and am trying to lose a few pounds in a healthy manner but am struggling. If anyone can relate and would like to talk please add me as a friend :)

Replies

• shannon_stallone
    Options
    I do...I've been this way since high school....Thats why my weight is always so up and down....I try focusing how I feel in clothes instead of numbers,but its hard
  • hellotini
    Options
    I added you. I've never known anything but bulimia so I'd be more than happy to support you on your journey. I know you can do this :)
  • toni0103
    Options
    hey. yeah ive had problems with eating disorders (from anorexia to bulima to a mixture of both) since my 6th grade year. Theres been periods of my life that i felt i was skinny enough and felt good about my body....then somehow i gain a bunch of unwanted water weight during the winter months and i begin to feel disgusting with myself..so i start everything back up again. i understand you want to lose the fluby part thats bothering but try not to lapse to earlier habits of your past eating disorder....trust me its hell trying to find your way out.
  • gini2407
    gini2407 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a history of both anorexia and bulimia. It's extremely hard for people like us not to get "too carried away" when we're trying to lost a few extra pounds. Not to mention, if your metabolism is anything like mine now, the weight doesn't come off so easily. I'll add you as a friend. Best of luck to you! :)
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I was just about to ask this same question. I was living off of around 600-800 calories a day until I recently gained weight when my body decided to give up. I've made big changes, like eating 1200 calories a day and only eat "real" food. I still find myself going overboard on weekends, though. My weight will not budge, regardless of working out 4-5 days a week with cardio and resistance. I'm getting really discouraged. Any helpful words are appreciated!!!
  • spunkbeer
    Options
    My whole life has been full of eating disorders ranging from binge eating disorder and complusive eating when i was a child that caused me to be highly over weight and then took a complete opposite turn one day when i was a teenager and i became what i have today EDNOS which means i have all the characteristics and fit all diagnostic criteria for anorexia or bulimia but i am at a normal weight.

To be honest i dont think anyone really recovers from an eating disorder. I think it follows you forever, you just dont take it so far.
    I personally consider myself as close to "recovered" as ill get because i am a lot more stable and weigh more after short period in hospital a few months back.
  • absurdities
    absurdities Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My whole life has been full of eating disorders as well, for as long as I can remember. It's so, so difficult...I've recently been having a lot of trouble with some of those feelings/behaviors that had been dormant for a while. It's such a weird dichotomy, trying to make some gradual but big lifestyle changes, and lose some weight for *health* reasons, and still have to reason with that dysfunctional chip in your brain....healthy, reasonable, sensible "dieting" vs. the disordered eating.

I'm brand new here; I'd love to add any of you guys as friends/be added as a friend. One of my best friends encouraged me to join this site, & said it was very community-based...I'm definitely looking forward to that aspect of this site, it seems invaluable.

It really is a journey...the whole taking it one day at a time thing is such a cliche, but it really is so true. :)
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    anyone is welcome to add me. disordered eating for many years now.. going between extremes. restricting and binging. i think i have been doing not too bad these past few days. my diary is also open to public!