NUTELLA

Options
ladyjh578
ladyjh578 Posts: 207
Whats your favorite NUTELLA recipe / snack??

Replies

• ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    Whats your favorite NUTELLA recipe / snack??
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I don't even buy the stuff anymore. It is too yummy and addictive. I like it on an English muffin, a bagel, crackers, a spoon, my finger. It's my personal devil.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I just stick it on apples.

I did teach my students how to use it to make strawberry-banana crepes. :smile:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I like it on english muffin! mmm tasty! But I did have 1 tbsp of it just off a spoon. I couldn't help myself! :laugh:

I thank Tam for tellin me bout it! lol
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I put 1 tbsp either on a Thomas light multi-grain english muffin or spread it between 2 eggo light nutri-grain waffles and make a sandwich out of them.

SO good! It's my newest treat!! It helps curb my chocolate cravings too and get a good kind of fat into my diet. YUM YUM!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    IS NUTELLA SOME KIND OF PEANUT BUTTER? I HAVE NOT HEARD OF IT BEFORE.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

per the jar... it has over 50 hazlenuts mixed in with cocoa and skim milk.. it's pretty tasting. chocolate with a hint of nutty taste.. i wasn't sure about it til i had some.. lol which was only 2days ago.. i found it right where Tam said, in the peanut butter aisle..
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    This 8 year old girl I babysit loves to dip sliced bananas into it.
    I haven't tried it cuz I don't need something else to be addicted to!! lol

Nutella on toast is the best!!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I got a recipe for hazelnut smooches from Giada on food network, that has a cup of that, and a cup of butter, and it is so moist and soooo yummy!! but oh sooo fattening!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Nutella is in Italy what peanut butter is in America. They usually eat it here for breakfast on plain bread...and of course, on various sweets.

PS.....Nutella and PB mixed together is quite yummy, but a bomb of calories!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    spead it and a little regular natural peanut butter on wheat bread and enjoy!!! Packing PROTIEN!!!!!!
  • Sillymama88
    Options
    I have actually never tried it, but I agree with Tam, I think it may be something that is good to help with chocolate cravings. Thank you for the tip! :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Nutella is AMAZING. Imagine chocolate that is spreadable, that tastes similar to godiva.

Its freaking awesome.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I make whole wheat pancakes and put a TEASPOON on it. Only because of that calories. I friggen love the stuff. I usually won't eat it at all:ohwell:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it in so long because I can't practice self control around it! :cry: But I love plain old French baguette SLATHERED in Nutella....mmmmmmmm
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My vote goes to Apples!

I picked some up on my way back to Afghanistan for the days that the chow hall food sucked. In Dubai, they have something called Crumpy Duo.

The stuff was half hazelnut spread and half banana cream! HOLY HELL what a combination!

I could of lived off the stuff for the entire deployment!
  • timisw
    Options
    I have actually never tried it, but I agree with Tam, I think it may be something that is good to help with chocolate cravings. Thank you for the tip! :)

I think it can help with LOTS of food cravings!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it on plain old untoasted white bread (yeah I know... white bread... but it is the best with Nutella)! But I dont keep any in the house except maybe once a year because I will eat it ALL!!
  • timisw
    Options
    So, since they stopped making (or dont make it in the USA) Crumpy Duo.

What about Nutella and a Banana Cream Cheese Frosting on toast?

Yes... I am forgetting that this is a dieting site! ~laughing~
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    So, since they stopped making (or dont make it in the USA) Crumpy Duo.

What about Nutella and a Banana Cream Cheese Frosting on toast?

Yes... I am forgetting that this is a dieting site! ~laughing~

OMG now I want to go to the store and buy some of both :laugh:

Have never tried the Nutella... when I get back to regular foods I will have to try that :flowerforyou: