Am I eating enough?

Triquetra
Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am losing but very slowly (which is guess is okay) and I have a bad thyroid. I have not been adding my exercises so far as they are just regular everyday stuff like walking the dog, doing housework, picking up after kids, carrying laundry up and down all the stairs, etc...but I see a lot of this stuff has burn, what is better for me to do....enter each thing and how long I do it or change my activity level in general from sedentary (I sit all day at work) to something more active? I just want to make sure I don't sabotage myself by not eating enough (currently eat 1200cal/day)

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    I am losing but very slowly (which is guess is okay) and I have a bad thyroid. I have not been adding my exercises so far as they are just regular everyday stuff like walking the dog, doing housework, picking up after kids, carrying laundry up and down all the stairs, etc...but I see a lot of this stuff has burn, what is better for me to do....enter each thing and how long I do it or change my activity level in general from sedentary (I sit all day at work) to something more active? I just want to make sure I don't sabotage myself by not eating enough (currently eat 1200cal/day)
    If that stuff is something you do on a daily basis then it should be added into your activity level. It shouldn't be counted as exercise for you. You have to add cardio to your exercise routine. Even if it's just a nice brisk 30 minute walk. You also have to start eating some exercise calories that you burn. It is all what works best for you though. For me, I go a week and eat almost all my exercise calories, then the next I hardly eat any. It confuses my body and I lose better weight. My doctor tells me the same thing. He also tells me that if it comes off slow, it's more likely to stay off. Just remember, listen to your body and do what you think is right for it.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I would keep this at sedentry if you have an office job. All the other items are just normal activity in your day and do not make you more active as these are things you have likely always done anyway. I don't even log this as exercise myself, I only log vigorous cleaning or an actual workout.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    If that stuff is something you do on a daily basis then it should be added into your activity level. It shouldn't be counted as exercise for you. You have to add cardio to your exercise routine. Even if it's just a nice brisk 30 minute walk. You also have to start eating some exercise calories that you burn. It is all what works best for you though. For me, I go a week and eat almost all my exercise calories, then the next I hardly eat any. It confuses my body and I lose better weight. My doctor tells me the same thing. He also tells me that if it comes off slow, it's more likely to stay off. Just remember, listen to your body and do what you think is right for it.
    okay, im questioning my cal intake too, which always is below 1200, even w/o exercise, but even worse when i do my cardio...so if understand you....what you say is to go a week where you max out ur cal intake, replacing the foods you lost during exercize (or some) then the next week you keep your cal's like mine are now, always under your goal?
This discussion has been closed.